DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone

Bugs this week with all the updates heres mine please share yours!

I run multiple games weekly right now over Fantasy Grounds and this week we have had multiple updates that have from what I cant tell has caused some unforseen glitches... Here is what I have experienced this week alone.

Savage World- Combat tracker has literally renamed monsters that were identified to unidentied NPC ?? Also I have had tokens on the maps Change names when this happened and link themselves to the now unidentified NPC. Never experienced this before in the 10 years Ive used the software.

DnD 5e - Once again I experienced combat tracker issues. This time with initiative numbers randomly changing, as we go through rounds. I didnt catch this, but 2 of my players did. We hit like round three and several NPCs and PCs initiative changed. (it is possible they re rolled initiative, and didnt realize but i know for sure I didnt. Also Spell Save DCs were not correctly calculating. Our Druid's Spell DC was listed in chat as DC 10 when he used his spells. It should be autocalculated through FG as what it was which it wasnt doing (this was a small annoyance but I manually worked around)

DnD 4e and this could be true in others as well but just didnt notice. As of this week i can no longer drag my monsters and NPCs straight from my Monster Manual to my encounter sheet. I now have to move the Monster to my NPC tab first to be able to then drag it to the encounter tab. I get the message [Only Records from campaign record lists can be added to encounters]. Ive been running 4e for 10 years and never had this message show up untill yesterday when trying to prep for game. Is there a fix for this coming?

In closing this is the first week I've Experienced so many technical bugs in quite some time. I realize there were multiple updates this past week. Curious if anyone else has been experiencing issues like this? If so please post here.

Thanks!

Are we talking about Classic or Unity?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Classic

Ok, second question then is are you running any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

For 4e I am just running the 4e Dungeon, Metal, and Wood Theme extensions

Savage Worlds I have The Adventure Deck, Fantasy Companion, Super Powers Campanion (Headerquarters), and Science Fiction Companion Features loaded ( note I am running SWADE is it possible these older companions are causing issues?)

In 5e I do have the 5e- Action Abilities 1.2 (with wounds) loaded up to run As well decals from players handback, xanathars etc and the official features like fonts loaded.

Only NPCs from the NPC list can now be added to Encounters. This is because CT NPCs are temporary copies that no longer exist after they are removed from the combat tracker; and Encounters only track a link to the dropped record. Therefore, encounters created with CT links would fail after the combat tracker entry was removed because the source record no longer exists. Since CT entries were designed to only last for the combat and be removed, it does not make sense to retain links to them in encounter records that will be around longer than the combat tracker entries. It was reported as a bug by a different user; so this change ensures encounter records work long-term.

Initiative shouldn't change unless initiative was rolled on the NPC or PC sheet (including PCs owned by players and NPCs shared to players). If it happens again, note the time; and we can review the chat log with you.

For the Druid spell DC; the spellcasting ability should have set up the Spell power group with the correct DCs. Perhaps it got accidentally changed through clicking around, or by an extension? You can open the Druid spell power group using the magnifying glass in the Actions tab of that PC to see what the Spellcasting ability is set to currently.

I'm not familiar with SavageWorlds or the development there to know if anything changed recently. Might be worth asking in the SW forum to see if Ikael or one of the users has more info.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok thank yoh for the quick responses. I’m going to check the character now. Didn’t realize this had been a change with the campaign NPCs seemed to work fine for me before. ��*♂️

EDIT: Disregard, I made a bloody double-post!

Quote Originally Posted by computertrucker View Post
    For 4e I am just running the 4e Dungeon, Metal, and Wood Theme extensions
    The following is not related to your issues, but to avoid other errors: Theme extensions are not intended to work with each other, you just choose and use one theme at the same time So, better to just activate one at the same time (in the best case they just overwrite each other such that you get a mixture of everything, but I sometimes got some strange glitches when doing so )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by computertrucker View Post
    For 4e I am just running the 4e Dungeon, Metal, and Wood Theme extensions.
    You are running three themes that all conflict with each other... this is not doing what you think it is doing...

Thread Information