FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Text won't stay

Text won't stay

So I am having trouble keeping my text in place whenever I reboot fantasy grounds.

Examples:
    Before rebooting it - Cap2ture.JPG

After rebooting it - Captu232re.JPG

Is there a way to lock in the text? Or maybe an extension I can download?

Are you using multiple spaces to position the text? If so, then that won't work. There is a "feature" in the custom XML framework used by FG that converts more than one space to a single space when a campaign is loaded. There's no way around this I'm afraid.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Are you using multiple spaces to position the text? If so, then that won't work. There is a "feature" in the custom XML framework used by FG that converts more than one space to a single space when a campaign is loaded. There's no way around this I'm afraid.
    Darn, alright then. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Not sure if it works, but you can try a line feed (shift-enter) or just a carriage return (enter) inside the cell to see if you get what you want.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

To elaborate on what Trenloe said: extra spaces are stripped out by the FG's XML file writer when the file is written to disk. However you can use non breaking spaces which the writer doesn't strip out. In FGC on Windows you can add a non breaking space by pressing Alt + 0160 (holding down the Alt key and typing in 0160 on the numeric keypad - the leading 0 is important). On a Mac I think you use the option key instead of Alt.
    Last edited by Griogre; July 22nd, 2020 at 20:26.

Just be careful with character code 160 - this won't work in FGU and will display as a block.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Any better luck with 255?

If you edit the XML directly you might be able to get
    Code:

to work in FGU.
    Last edited by Griogre; July 22nd, 2020 at 20:43.

I would be very careful about using codes in the range around 160 in FGU, as this has been called out as a problem with some issues reported recently.

Blog Entries
    I thought FGU only recognized character codes up to 128? Not sure though. There are some posts from Moon around here somewhere with details

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information