STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Window Tabs??

Window Tabs??

When did window tabs get deprecated? I just came back to the program a bit ago and finally noticed that the tab windows are missing. Did I forget to enable something, or are they really gone?

Thank for the input
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Blog Entries
    Tab windows? Not sure what you are talking about. If it's what I think, FG never had tab windows. BUT there is/was an extension that created window tabs. Not sure if it's supported anymore, but check the extension stickies to see if you can find reference to it or check your extensions folder for it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Tabs were deprecated years ago - so it must be a while since you fired up FG.

They were replaced with groups. At the top of any list (Items, NPCs, stories etc) you''ll see a drop down. You can add new groups by the usual click the brown button method and give it a name. Then you can create items in that group or drag and drop items from another group into the new one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yep, it's been a while. FGU made FG a possibility for me again due to funky internet connections. I guess I got dyslexic, yes, window tabs. I thought that it was one of the best things on FG when it came to organization. the "groups" seem sort of cumbersome.

Thanks for the replies
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Tabs were deprecated years ago - so it must be a while since you fired up FG.

They were replaced with groups. At the top of any list (Items, NPCs, stories etc) you''ll see a drop down. You can add new groups by the usual click the brown button method and give it a name. Then you can create items in that group or drag and drop items from another group into the new one.
    Oh yea, I remember those Good thing you aren't as senile as me!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    They were deprecated because the increased number of DLC meant that some tables couldnt access all their content because the tabs couldnt be displayed.

I have seen those in old videos in YouTube and screenshots on Internet. I am glad they are gone!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information