DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Campaign "Landing Page"?

Hi.

It's very possible that the answer and instructions to this are easily found, and I'm just missing it.

I am currently running a game on Roll20, but we are looking to try out Fantasy Grounds, and see if we want to migrate over. On Roll20, we have a Landing Page, which I definitely stole the idea from Reddit, but it's just an image of a tabletop with a cup of coffee and some blank paper, and a clickable token "book".

The players can pop in between sessions and leave love notes to each other, but also they can open the book and access their session notes.

Is there a way that I can port that image over to Fantasy Grounds? Even if I can't set it up so that they can draw on it, or have that clickable book, it will be a little taste of the familiar, lol.

There's nothing like that in FG. You can leave your FG session running to allow players to log in while it is up to review characters, level up, add notes, etc.

Regards,
    JPG

You can build a theme with the image if you want for your virtual tabletop. There are notes inside of Fantasy grounds that could be used but the big catch is as stated Fantasy Grounds would need to be left running on the DM's pc for people to connect into it.

I would download the demo and try it out locally then take the character creation class at fantasygroundscollege.net for free so you can see how it all works before you invest into it.

Blog Entries
    There is a Decal Tutorial on this page; https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/

It will allow you to have a background decal (your image) to give everyone a bit of the familiar.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by f1gment View Post
    The players can pop in between sessions and leave love notes to each other, but also they can open the book and access their session notes.
    As others pointed out, this isn't available between sessions, but you should really check out the Player Agency extension:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ency-Extension
    Watch the videos in that thread. This is a lot of what I think you're looking for in terms of leaving notes for each other.

Does it have to be linked with the game itself? Could it be an external bit of software?

I have a discord server ( https://discord.com ) and have created a category for each game with a set of channels dedicated to my requirements.

My Game Server
    - + Game Category 1
    - - - Game Announcements
    - - - Game Log
    - - - Player Notes
    - - - ...etc

Players/GM can send private notes to each other.

And of course you get free voice chat as well....

If you want a filestore - sign up for one of the free ones from google drive, OneDrice / ...etc.

You can link these folder/docs to discord channels.

Best thing about both of these services is that they are FREE.

Most of your players who play video games probably use discord anyways. We even have a family server to keep in touch with other family members...
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

I like to use Trenloe’s Message of the Day extension as a sort of landing page. It’s a bit different then what you are asking (it’s a story entry) but I link multiple informative images thru the entry and write any info I want the players to read if they log in early for our session

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    I like to use Trenloe’s Message of the Day extension as a sort of landing page. It’s a bit different then what you are asking (it’s a story entry) but I link multiple informative images thru the entry and write any info I want the players to read if they log in early for our session
    This is what I do as well. It's not as 'pretty' as a Roll20 landing page. But it works. But as others have said, unless you leave your game running 24/7, the players can't access it between sessions.

As a way for players to pass on messages, link a Note inside the Message of the Day story element. Players can modify notes.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

I didn't know FantasyGroundsCollege.net was a thing! Thank you for that!

Thread Information