FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 53 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Can you please provide the full logs from both the GM and the player right after the connection fails?

You can open the console by pressing the button on the launch/connection screen in the upper left; or by typing /console while in the tabletop view. Once the console is open, you can export the full logs by pressing the Compile Logs button.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Savir View Post
    After having my version mismatch error yesterday, and thinking our connection issues are solved, I once again am not able to connect. I just see FG logo permanently. There is no new update so I know that isn't the issue. GM has an ultimate license, everyone can connect, so we know network settings are correct. I tried to connect several times, restarting the program, changing computers, and updating the client, to no avail. Ofter serveral hours spent doing that, we found that my log says

Network Status:[Client][Connected][Client Type - PUNCHTHROUGH] while the other players say something different

Let me know if I'm missing something.
    Please send me the logs

Hi,

we seem to be experiencing a similar connection issue. I'm hosting LMOP with an Ultimate license, I have 1 player joining with a Standard license (new game, introducing each player and sorting out characters). I've tried a few variations, reducing stuff each time.
    1/ with LMOP and PHB loaded, PHB with player share ticked, nothing else loaded (not even SRD or basic rules) - joiner stuck on "acquiring files".
    2/ with LMOP and 5E Basic rules -DM and Basic Rules - Player (and player share green) - joiner stuck on "acquiring files".

I've reinstalled, creating a new data folder so all fresh data - no noticeable difference to the joiners experience.

I've setup port forwarding on my router and implemented a LAN based game (on a different port to the default) - I can see the joiner connected message, and then it sits there again. We waited 2 hours for the game to start to begin with, probably waited 30 minutes each time on later attempts.

I've grabbed the logs from my machine, and used the gather logs function on the launcher for the player having problems if you want them?

Regards,
    Shorn

Blog Entries
    Yes, please post the logs

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry for the delay - we tried again today - first times looked the same, last time there was a change in that the player connected and could see the tabletop, but sharing maps etc resulted in a red question mark. I've attached two different sets of logs, one set from earlier and one just as he connected.

<edit> We've found the culprit - player (based in the UK) is using a Talk Talk router on TalkTalk broadband. A port forward needed setting up on the router to allow the port1802 traffic through properly. Player troubleshooting involved using a different internet connection (tethering to mobile) to check connectivity, at which point it worked ok. Other Players have also been able to connect fine.

I've removed the logs, as they're no longer needed and I don't need the IP addresses advertised (I have a copy if you do want them for any reason) </edit>
    Last edited by Shorn deKernow; November 8th, 2020 at 22:29. Reason: Update on the issues

Okay I am at my wits end ... Clean install of FGU for myself (Ultimate) and Demo version for others on 2020-11-04 version. Ports open. Players can connect via FGC, but not FGU. Lobby shows as connected and using Private LAN. Hangs at “attempting direct connection to server”

Thoughts? We game this Friday.

Can you jump on Discord and message me (smelton#0068) to run some tests?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionavar View Post
    Okay I am at my wits end ... Clean install of FGU for myself (Ultimate) and Demo version for others on 2020-11-04 version. Ports open. Players can connect via FGC, but not FGU. Lobby shows as connected and using Private LAN. Hangs at “attempting direct connection to server”

Thoughts? We game this Friday.
    FGU uses UDP protocol, and may use a different port (depending).

And you are running FGU when they try to connect via FGU right? Because FGC and FGU can not connect to each other.

With FGU, you can do a "Compile Logs" button from the console window. Have yourself and a player who tries to connect upload logs, that will help us figure out details.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I cannot login right now, as TFA is tied to old Authenticator and Cell. Will have to try another time.

RE: Logs. I compiled the logs, how do I find them?

Thread Information