STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 53 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhenny View Post
    Me too. Stuck on Starting Cloud Server [Rhenny]. It must be a bug in the newest update. I hope they fix it before Saturday night (my game night).
    Yeah, same problem here. Which sucks, because I was on an hour ago. I logged off and noticed there was an update. Now I can't get on.

If it's helpful, I think I ran two updates earlier today, and was still able to connect and mess about for hours on end ... I turned 'er off around 3:30 PM EST, or thereabouts. When I spun it up again just now (around 6:50 PM EST, I'd say), it ran yet another update. Huzzah, thought I. That is the only thing that has obviously changed on "my end."

Now changed to "unable to check lobby server" when I'm trying to load my game (as host).

Same issue here. I have updated windows, disabled firewall, removed and reinstalled Fantasy grounds Unity and still continue getting same error. Is there any resolution to this as it appears to only affect a few in our group on a regular basis

Just rolled back the last build. Before you roll back, if you can provide your logs, that would be appreciated.

Open console using button in upper left of launch screen or /console in tabletop mode; click the Compile Logs button; and provide the resulting log files.

Also, we always recommend not updating right before a game, especially during Early Access; and letting your players know as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Just pushed a new build without the network changes, so the other fixes will get out this week.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Ciphor View Post
    Not sure what makes a Wireless network "handy" or how that affects performance....
    But have him try using a wired ethernet connection, instead of a wireless connection. Unity has problems with wireless connections dropping frequently. Mostly unnoticed as they tend to recover before throwing any notifications to the user or disconnecting from the host/DM. But that's on the player's side. The DM should never use wireless whenever possible, until the network code is fixed between SW and the cloud hosting provider.
    Lots of people I know donīt have access to a wired connection, because they use another router and donīt have cables inside their home or donīt own a cabled tarif at all- I donīt remember that it is required to run FGU? Where can I read that? Every software should be able to function with WIFI, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just rolled back the last build. Before you roll back, if you can provide your logs, that would be appreciated.

Open console using button in upper left of launch screen or /console in tabletop mode; click the Compile Logs button; and provide the resulting log files.

Also, we always recommend not updating right before a game, especially during Early Access; and letting your players know as well.

Regards,
    JPG
    We updated because the Campaign couldnīt be find on the lobby server in spite of starting it again and again fresh- after the update the campaign was found but after 40 seconds this bug was happening every time. So a roll back will not funktion because the last version was already bugged in another way. Please roll back the complete FGU to a unbugged version for all till you find a fix or provide a fix this week- otherwise lots oif campaigns canīt be started.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    Lots of people I know donīt have access to a wired connection, because they use another router and donīt have cables inside their home or donīt own a cabled tarif at all- I donīt remember that it is required to run FGU? Where can I read that? Every software should be able to function with WIFI, too?
    I think Lou was confused like I was by the way in which 'handy' was used. Rather than a convenience thing, it sounded like some sort of technical term, like 5G

The whole purpose of trying a wired connection is not that FG doesn't/shouldn't work with wifi, but rather a wired connection is usually more stable and faster and it helps eliminate wifi problems such as contention.

Do note, I personally recommend anyone using wifi, especially in a congested or high density area such as an apartment, get a 'wifi analyzer' app for their phone. It will allow them to set the channel of their wifi router to one that is least used in there own area. Which can greatly improve speed and stability. Yes your router will probably be set to "Auto" select the channel, but in my experience it rarely picks a good channel and it never seems to update as the environment changes.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information