DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... Last

[extension] Advanced Weapon Damage Extension

This extension is now on www.dmsguild.com 'Fantasy Grounds Advanced Weapon Damage'
    My other extensions can be found on www.dmsguild.com 'Bratch Nine'
    RULESET : 5E

Thought I'd share the extension for advance weapon damage I've been developing for our campaigns..

Its designed to apply 'effect' like features direct onto the damage of weapons, configured on the damage lines. It also configures of the weapon description damage line, when dropped into inventory.

Support for one/two and off handed use, and weapon meta configuration for 'two weapon fighting' and 'dual wielder' tick boxes are provided.

You can add things like 'type(dragon)' or 'size(>m)' style effect token next to the normal 'slashing,magic' on the weapon damage line config page.

Support for 'versatile' is also added, and this token is used to select between normal and two handed use dice lines when selected for two handed use.

The module to go with this has more information, and a couple of example weapons from LMoP to show the idea, and covers basic but more details about usage than this post.

( While I know I could configure effects for these, or even use the likes of advanced weapon effect extension, I feel lots of effect lines on a character gets in the way.. while a lot of weapons just fall into the 'does extra radiant damage to undead', so why have a character effect line for this, just have the weapon sort it out and pre-configured by the module/DM. )

Feel free to check it out, use it, let me know if you spot anything odd that I need to fix. ( conflicts with other extensions/modules etc.. )

NOTE. for support on rulesets 3.5E, PFRPG, PFRPG2

For now you need to do some work by hand, on windows you can rename the '2797083-5E_B9_AdvancedWeaponDamage.ext' file to '.zip' ( you might need to turn on extension in your windows folder properties to see these.. )
    Once the extension has a zip extension, you can 'double click' and open the extension into the window 'virtual folder' view of zip files, as if you had extracted it into directory.
    You can then drag the below 'extension.xml' file into the 'virtual folder' for the zip, ( or even direct onto the '2797083-5E_B9_AdvancedWeaponDamage.zip' file ) and windows will ask you if you want to replace the file. ( Select the yes option. )
    Once this is done you can rename back to '.ext' and all should be good to go on the other rulesets.

The support for these other rulesets is provisional and very much in development. At the moment the 'item'->character sheet does not parse the damage types for extra tokens, but has been extended to allow extra lines to be generated in the weapon. An example is 'weapon_3.5e.png' you can use the ';' to add and extra set of 'damage/damage type/critical'. ( Note only critical multipliers are used, with only the first critical item been able to have the '19-20/x3' type to set the 'crit' range of the weapon. Once the weapon has been added to the character sheet it is possible to add tokens by hand, see 'weapon_token_3.5e.png'. An example 'roll' can be seen in 'weapon_damage_3.5e.png', the 'mummy' taking full damage because its an 'undead', while the 'air elemental' takes only the reduced damage slashing damage.

Extra control tokens options are, 'Align( [Alignment] ),Size( [size] ), Type( [Creature Type] ), Effect( [Condition] ), MaxDice, Critical'

I will be doing further development for these rulesets, if you would like to try it and post any issue you find I can then use that to judge the required development/support level.

As I say the work in these extra ruleset are provisional, so do not use in a critical campaign, please use a test campaign for now.

thanks, pete.

To do,
    1. I'd like to change the parse code from 'or' style combination to 'and' style.
    2. Add extra logic to allow '(type(dragon) and size(>l)) or (effect(poisoned))'
    3. Maybe add the ability to cause 'heal' or 'save' type... less damage related effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bratch9; October 5th, 2021 at 19:11. Reason: updated xml for v2.2

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing Sounds like a great contribution.

I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and considering adding a licensing statement to your post
    Last edited by LordEntrails; July 6th, 2020 at 17:04.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I had a quick read of your link, and will think about adding a line, or a note to show intent..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    I had a quick read of your link, and will think about adding a line, or a note to show intent..
    Thanks, that's all I ask

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Cool extension dude ! Thanks for bringing this to FGs!

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Cool extension dude ! Thanks for bringing this to FGs!
    Let me know if you spot any issues, or make any cool items with the system..

new release, not sure if my edit send out 'updated' emails..

-pete

Version 1.0.7

- versatile now only on melee weapon.
    - added 'ranged' and '!ranged' for weapon damage line.
    - added 'power' and '!power' for weapon damage line.
    - added power on/off selection on character actions for weapons.

Does the spell tokens extension work with Unity? I can't see where to drop the token but I may be blind.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    Does the spell tokens extension work with Unity? I can't see where to drop the token but I may be blind.

Thanks!

It should work with both FG nd FGU, I've attached images showing in both..

You should be able to see a token circle ( depending on your desktop theme... ) between the spell information and spell shortcut.

Just drag on a token from the assets sets, and this can then be placed into a map as needed.

( Note... sometimes DM is the only person with the assets to set these on your character sheet for you... but once set it should sync on the player side. )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information