DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Connection issue again...with LAN

Hi guys,

after the update desaster (rolling back to 30.4) and complete reinstall my players canīt connect over WLAN/Local mode to me anymore- I have the same router, same machine, windows10, windowsdefender disabled completely
    Port 1802 still forwarded with UDP but players can only connect over cloud server now.
    Any ideas what happened?

Thanks
    micael

Blog Entries
    Did you reserve the local IP address of your computer? If not, check your local IP and then update your port forwarding. If that hasn't changed, then check your network adapter and make sure it is still Private.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Did you reserve the local IP address of your computer? If not, check your local IP and then update your port forwarding. If that hasn't changed, then check your network adapter and make sure it is still Private.
    Thanks, but I used all your tips- only using private mode now,but nobody can connect to me in LAN mode- as I said, the only thing changed is an update from FGU and
    windows 10- nothing changed on my side. Same router, same Laptop- I checked the login in and name and portforwarding for my laptop name on router- all ok, but still no connection for LAN- I can only use the open server for GMing.

Any more ideas?
    Micael

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    Thanks, but I used all your tips- only using private mode now,but nobody can connect to me in LAN mode- as I said, the only thing changed is an update from FGU and
    windows 10- nothing changed on my side. Same router, same Laptop- I checked the login in and name and portforwarding for my laptop name on router- all ok, but still no connection for LAN- I can only use the open server for GMing.

Any more ideas?
    Micael
    thousands of things change on your computer every day that you use it. you just dont notice most of the time.

but more specifically - why are you running a 2 month old version?

can you run (as administrator)
    netstat -p UDPv6 -b -a
    is FG listening on UDP1802?

can you run (as administrator)
    netstat -p UDP -b -a
    is FG listening on UDP1802?

Are you trying to connect with IPv4 or IPv6?

Have you tried connecting from another computer on your network and using the local ip address?

Also, please note that if you are using Cloud server mode, players can only connect using your FG user name or from the lobby list. They can not use the Direct connection option, which is only for LAN mode.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information