STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Kevin, don't go there.
    Fine, direct me to the location in code where the die roll display is located and I will attempt to make an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Really? So your average user can write extensions?
    Depends on your competency with LUA, and/or ability to learn LUA.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Depends on your competency with LUA, and/or ability to learn LUA.
    Obviously.

How about pointing me to the location of the required code to alter?

I too like having the dice type on the roll. But it probably wouldn't hurt to have an Option in the setup.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

How about pointing me to the location of the required code to alter?
    For anyone to tell you that, they're going to need at least the ruleset you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    For anyone to tell you that, they're going to need at least the ruleset you're using.
    4E. Figured it would be in CoreRPG.

4E. Figured it would be in CoreRPG.
    Hm, I would guess that it is in manager_actions.lua of CoreRPG (like the script which gets modified in the advantage extension you have by the way ) At the bottom of that script are some functions about messaging the results, but I do not see any different code there (compared with FGC). So, I am not sure whether one can really edit it, but I also didn't really look yet

The dice rolls in FGU support a much larger set of dice expressions built into the engine. FGC was limited to a set of dice and a single additive modifier. FGU supports numeric operators, dice modes, dice sets, decimals, and more. Since the FGU engine was designed to fully support these dice expressions, the chat entry output had to be updated to support any arbitrary dice expression used.

The basic display components can not be customized (i.e. expression, dice, total); though FGU has added a lot of individual control to the individual dice icons, colors, fonts, text and backgrounds displayed. The general layout (expression over dice) is fixed.

Since FGU doesn't have the concept of a dangling modifier like FGC, there's no mechanism to draw exactly like FGC. I haven't tried it, but you might be able to "fake" out the display by setting the "expr" value in the dice data of the message to a single space (or setting to just the modifier). (Note, I believe that the engine rebuilds the expression, if completely empty.) However, unless you kept the modifier, you wouldn't be able to see it. Also, this isn't really supported.

The expected behavior and display is as you see it.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The dice rolls in FGU support a much larger set of dice expressions built into the engine. FGC was limited to a set of dice and a single additive modifier. FGU supports numeric operators, dice modes, dice sets, decimals, and more. Since the FGU engine was designed to fully support these dice expressions, the chat entry output had to be updated to support any arbitrary dice expression used.

The basic display components can not be customized (i.e. expression, dice, total); though FGU has added a lot of individual control to the individual dice icons, colors, fonts, text and backgrounds displayed. The general layout (expression over dice) is fixed.

Since FGU doesn't have the concept of a dangling modifier like FGC, there's no mechanism to draw exactly like FGC. I haven't tried it, but you might be able to "fake" out the display by setting the "expr" value in the dice data of the message to a single space (or setting to just the modifier). (Note, I believe that the engine rebuilds the expression, if completely empty.) However, unless you kept the modifier, you wouldn't be able to see it. Also, this isn't really supported.

The expected behavior and display is as you see it.

Regards,
    JPG

In the Genesys ruleset (and also Star Wars, Warhammer FRP 3rd) since we use narrative dice and the faces are symbols and not values, we had to come up with a customized result message.
    Displaying that info in the message really hurts visually, and I would love a way to remove it, even if it is a workaround.

Please see attached image as an example

DiceRolls.png

One alternative is that the ruleset could be changed to use icons, instead of alternate dice.

There is no current way to turn off the expression display.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information