Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FGC freezing in Ryzen 5 8RAM new laptop Assus TUF Gaming

I was playing in an old 2012 macmini but yesterday I bught a latop with plenty of resources. i checked port oprn OK and player connected to game as usual but when start to open map, CT and an NPC the game freeze for 2 min intervals we were unable to play. We tried everything. Disabling windows firewall, updates, antivuirus, checking if ports open in modem. etc..

is there a way to play FGC Ultimate with my new laptop?

AMD Ryzen 5 3550H Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 Ghz 8RAM 64 bit OS
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Me gusta jugar Savage Worlds settings como Rippers y Hell on earth. Call of Cthulhu ed 5 a 7 y DnD 5E.
    Me gusta la musica, soy bajista y tambien la fotografia de boda en Guadalajara donde vivo y trabajo.

Blog Entries
    What ruleset? What extensions? What content do you have loaded? How many NPCs in the CT? How many PCs in the CT? How many of them are casters? What level and CR are they?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

video specs.
    Versión de software de Radeon - 19.20.36.04
    Edición de software de Radeon - Adrenalin
    Chipset gráfico - AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
    Tamaño de memoria - 128 MB
    Tipo de memoria - DDR4
    Reloj central - 1201 MHz
    Versión de Windows - Windows 10 (64 bit)
    Memoria del sistema - 8 GB
    Tipo de CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Me gusta jugar Savage Worlds settings como Rippers y Hell on earth. Call of Cthulhu ed 5 a 7 y DnD 5E.
    Me gusta la musica, soy bajista y tambien la fotografia de boda en Guadalajara donde vivo y trabajo.

using pathfinder 1, no extension, only a map, 6 players and 2 npc in the CT, only 1 bard was the caster. lv 2 cr 4

Check that your laptop is actually using your graphics card rather than any built in graphics on the motherboard. Also might be worth checking (or unchecking) cross platform compatibility in settings.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is it the GM side that freezes? Or the player side?

Open Windows task manager and look at the performance tab - is anything maxing out, like the disk, CPU, GPU?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm new to windows, I have been using mac form the past 20 years and I find everyhing difficult. i don't know how to tell waht graphic card is been used. I will research and I hope I can find a solution. tyvm

When you’re running FG and it freezes, open Windows Task Manager, (Press CTRL+Shift+Esc) and go to the performance tab. What, if anything, in the left column is maxing out?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    When you’re running FG and it freezes, open Windows Task Manager, (Press CTRL+Shift+Esc) and go to the performance tab. What, if anything, in the left column is maxing out?
    CTRL+Alt+Delete

To figure out which graphic card is being used, on the desktop do a right click and see if you have an option like "NVidia Control Panel" (though it's likely to be named with the type of graphic card you have). See if it has settings to control which graphics process is used by default or by application.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    CTRL+Alt+Delete

CTR+shift+escape brings up the task manager immediately.

Thread Information