FG Spreadshirt Swag

How to set up a D20 - d6 roll?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered. I looked around and saw similar, but not exact match to this.

What I want to do is make a Rollable Table that I can then drop to a shortcut bar for this formula: D20 - D6.

Yes, I realize I can type it in the Chat window and drag it to a Shortcut bar and it works. That's fine. I was just wondering if there was a way to get it into a Table form that I didn't know about. I already made one for D20 + d6 through the "Table" mechanic. It was easy enough for the plus, but I can't figure out how to apply a negative.

If not a way, I will just continue to use chat window link. Just checking.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    For negative/subtraction the chat drag is the only way I know of.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I cant help you solve your issue, but Im curious to the need of a d20-d6 vs letting the table make a custom d14? Or using ranges to closely match probabilities to what the outcome of d20-d6 would be. Ive not thought of doing something like this before, and while thinking about your question it made me wonder what a use case would look like.

(do not take this to mean Im for or against what you are up to, this is pure curiosity, and seeing this as an opportunity for new ideas I hadnt considered)

Since you can't have a negative dice in the table box you will have to finesse it. One possible method would be to roll the d6 and then right click on the result and make it negative and drag that to the modifier box before rolling on the table.

You can also drop a dice pool onto a table to make a roll. They have to be the same dice though since you can't pick up two different dice. So, say you have a 20 row table but only want to roll a d12 or 2d6 on that table then pick up the appropriate dice and drop them on the table. You might have to play about with your table rows to accommodate the kind of result you are looking for.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information