5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Highlighting Grid segments

In FGC, whenever you used the pointers of different shapes, the program would highlight grid segments that often corresponded with the area of effects from spells. See attachment. FGU doesn't have this function, currently.

Are there any plans to include highlighted grid segments again? Another way to possibly go about it is to allow players and the DM to highlight individual grids as needed with the player's chosen dice colours.

There were a few threads about this feature before such as this one and this one but I've been unable to find a current answer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The problem is that the highlighted squares at the boundary were often not correct due to rounding errors in the code. (and especially the highlighting of the ones at the boundary are important because the affected ones in the interior are of course obvious)

As far as I know the next step is that the full interior will be filled, not restricted to the squares. I am not sure about whether or not there will be ever (ruleset-specific) templates for pointers

Thread Information