Starfinder Playlist
Page 60 of 113 First ... 1050585960616270110 ... Last
    Is there a way to use this to grant a specific actor nearby Magic Resistance, rather than say, all allies? Trying to simulate the Imp Familiar's shared Magic Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingersome View Post
    Is there a way to use this to grant a specific actor nearby Magic Resistance, rather than say, all allies? Trying to simulate the Imp Familiar's shared Magic Resistance.
    Yeah, but it would take some work.

I'm not going to write it all out here but think along the lines of "IF" statement of having an effect, giving that to the person with the aura, putting out aura that does nothing but gives and effect, that will trigger the imp's IF effect, which would turn on the MR.

Put this on the imp:
    AURA: 5 friend; Imp Aura; IF: CUSTOM(Imp Friend); Magic Resistance

Put this on his friend:
    Imp Friend;

I ran this extension for the first time this weekend, and initially it was fantastic. However, as tokens started moving around the map, the extension started generating the same effect multiple times as a character moved through the paladin's aura. We ended up with the Aura of Protection effect applied 20 times, which slowed the game down quite a bit. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Running 5e, using a number of the Rob 2e extensions and modules plus better combat effects and a couple of minor things like clock adjuster.

Which effect did you add.

This was happening our game last night too. Although it was limited to only one player. And seemingly when the they would use Wildshape. We were using One Click Druid so I suspect something has changed in recent update that may have affect how they work together (one click druid and auras). I haven't had a chance to do some testing to confirm anything since I wasn't DMing at the time. Might try to narrow it down later today.
    Last edited by Beemanpat; November 21st, 2021 at 09:01. Reason: Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    This was happening our game last night too. Although it was limited to only one player. And seemingly when the they would use Wildshape. We were using One Click Druid so I suspect something has changed in recent update that may have affect how they work together (one click druid and auras). I haven't had a chance to do some testing to confirm anything since I wasn't DMing at the time. Might try to narrow it down later today.
    I would assume rob2e extensions might not be compatible.

The effect was aura of protection - I was steered to the extension via the Rob2e discord channels, but I guess you're right, does not mean they are compatible. Will see if Kent comes back with anything.

Aura of protection works fine for me. What is the syntax you are using and what other exts are you running?

Please provide the effect you put on the Pali, as well as what was put on the others. I believe this can happen with bad placement of IF statements. The extension should be compatible with pretty much any other extension, unless the updates have completely borked something.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Thread Information