5E Character Create Playlist

FGU Full Release Date and Steam release

Could developers provide an update on FGU Steam release and also an update on general release? Last update I've seen from developers was the Fantasy Grounds Fridays from March 20th (6 weeks ago) where Doug mentioned full release ETA as mid to late April and detailed the various hurdles they're working through for Steam. David has mentioned there are a couple of remaining hurdles for Steam but no further details on what these hurdles are in more recent live streams. I've seen various rumors from others in these Forums, but nothing concrete from developers. An update would be appreciated by those of us waiting as we're now past the previously mentioned full release date.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    As far as I'm aware, there has been no performance optimization done on FGU, and it is still less than ready for running actual full sessions with.

If it came out on Steam still in beta condition, I don't know how well that would go over with the general new user base that is accustomed to "beta" meaning the AAA publisher version of "beta" which is a 99.8% finished game you get to play a month before the official release date.

Of course, I could be wrong with all that.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

It's supposed to come out on Steam whenever they've overcome the current obstacles preventing them from releasing on that platform whether in beta or not. That was confirmed by Doug Davison in the Fantasy Grounds Friday live stream 6 weeks ago.

Blog Entries
    My observations from past issues like this is that SmiteWorks won't comment if their are issues outside their control. To me I strongly believe the issue with Steam is an issue that Steam has to own and resolve, hence why their are not updates on when FGU will be released on Steam.

I know how much many people want a Steam release, but not sure Doug or John are going to be able to say more than "we hope soon" and so I find it unlikely they will comment. But of course, doesn't hurt to ask

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LordEntrails yeah I've seen you mention that elsewhere. It seems like reasonable speculation, I would just like a developer to confirm. It's frustrating waiting 6 weeks since the last update. Especially since we are now past the previously mentioned full release timeline of mid to late April. Heck maybe if you're right and the issue sits with Steam, those of us waiting can bother Steam support about it instead of asking about Steamworks about it lol

On the Fantasy Grounds Friday Twitch stream today, David confirmed "No Update". I know that's not the update you wanted, but I'm guessing that means things are still outside their control.

Thanks, yeah I saw that. Again, a reasonable assumption that David saying "No Update" means "outside their control" but outside actual confirmation from a developer this is still just speculation.

Any news on Steam release front?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnas View Post
    Any news on Steam release front?
    There was a comment elsewhere from a Dev earlier this week. They are still waiting on Valve. No ETA was mentioned.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information