5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Wandering Players, and How to stop them

On my first attempt at the Fantasy Grounds game, a couple of my players, without letting me know, decided to wander around in the dungeon, seeing rooms ahead, if not their contents. Is there anyway I can stop them from doing this?

Blog Entries
    Use the Mask feature. That is like a super set of what's visible and what's not for LOS.

My experience is this is normal curiosity, and if addressed will usually not happen again. But...

Also, drop a dragon or two on the map in places they will want to wander. Then when they reveal them tell them to roll initiative! After 2 rounds or so and half the party is dead, tell them next time it happens it character deaths are final!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sounds like good advice to me LE. As I said I'm new to this, and to be fair so are my players. Many thanks

Blog Entries
    Another thing I did was to actually load up FG and put the players on a big map (from Dragon Heist) with lots of doors and walls and things. Then placed some random NPCs on it and the Party tokens. Then left it running one-day so anyone could log in and "play" with LOS. That seemed to get the curiosity of 'how does this work' out of their system.

Some of it is curiosity about what's around the corner, some is just getting used to the feature and how it works etc.Make sure they have a chance to get the second type of curiosity out of their system in a harmless way

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Lock tokens.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Lock tokens.
    Not available (yet) in FGU And since his players were playing with LOS I know it's FGU

I should point out, yes, it was Unity, but because of the crashing problems I was getting, I asked FG to cancel so I could resubscribe to classic. Ive now been experimenting with the mask tool, and I feel confident this could well be the answer to my problems. I was panicking (slightly) about how I could make things work without LOS. Not worried about it now.

Blog Entries
    Unleash multiple encounters on them as they wander away.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I find it enjoyable that you have wandering players who might encounter wandering monsters who have a scout out front with the tanks behind them followed by the spell casters. Who's in whose dungeon now?

Welcome to the forums and FG Community!

Thread Information