5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 15 of 26 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Task-Manager (and most other software) measures GPU utilization based on the current GPU clock-rate. So when GPU load is low and GPU clock-rate is lowered to save energy then the measuring software will display a higher GPU load.

Disabling my GPU's power-saving option and opening the default set of FGU windows results in about 6.3% GPU load at 1605 MHz on my RTX 2070 Super. The same FGU windows measure as 34% with power-savings enabled at 405 MHz.

PS: I don't understand the use for offering /vsync 0. It neither syncs nor fully reaches 60 fps. It does lower load to around 6% on my rig, but only because of slightly lower fps and frame-times are less smooth.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; January 16th, 2021 at 03:10.

Hey guys.
    /vsync stoped working after that huge update last month? GPU usage is going through the roof again.

When people say my RTX2070 is fine. It makes me laugh. I would hope that card wouldn’t even notice a GPU load at all. In the world that surely FGU needs to be in to have a significant and healthy user base the GPU requirements need to be a little more sensible.

Maybe SW can suggest 3DMark scores required for features like LOS and VISION

My laptop has a 1660 Ti gfx card and performs just fine. I think the issue is certain configurations causing inordinate amounts of gpu load, and not that a 2070 is required, as it certainly isn't.

FGU 4.1 beta - RTX 2070 Super - energy saving disabled (!) = fixed clock-rate

No LoS, no lighting:

LoS, no lighting:

LoS, lighting:

LoS, lighting, Vsync 4:
    Last edited by Weissrolf; March 17th, 2021 at 15:10.

Blog Entries
    It seems like the higher end cards try to do more, and hence load themselves up. I'm using a NVidia K1100M on an old (~2006) Precision M3800 and don't have any issues.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Most of the time FGU is CPU limited and thus doesn't even fully utilize the GPU (= fps drops due to CPU).

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    When people say my RTX2070 is fine. It makes me laugh. I would hope that card wouldn’t even notice a GPU load at all. In the world that surely FGU needs to be in to have a significant and healthy user base the GPU requirements need to be a little more sensible.

Maybe SW can suggest 3DMark scores required for features like LOS and VISION
    One of the issues that MW has mentioned is if the Video Card Drivers are overriding the FGU setting. Most video drivers have the capability to enforce their settings, and that basically ignores the /vsync setting in FGU.

See if there is a setting in your graphics driver to tell it to not override FGU.

This pic is with one map open trying to edit the LOS already on the map. I'm getting frequent hourglass/white screen. Sometimes with every click of the mouse.

Screenshot 2021-03-17 155527.png

Hourglass/whitescreen is a CPU overload scenario, in which case the GPU load should even drop. So usually it is a different kind of problem.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; March 17th, 2021 at 21:06.

Thread Information