FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: paypal account

paypal account

For non-US buyers it's impossible to buy something without open a paypal account.

It doesn't matter what part of the world you are in the store uses PayPal. You can use a guest account with PayPal I believe.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No it's not the first time, i see that with US sellers. This is not the same screen for US and foreigners and there is no possibiliy to pay without open a paypal account, Weirdly to buy a monthly license there is no problem...

Quote Originally Posted by sallerin View Post
    No it's not the first time, i see that with US sellers. This is not the same screen for US and foreigners and there is no possibiliy to pay without open a paypal account, Weirdly to buy a monthly license there is no problem...
    That might be PayPal then and not Smiteworks.

Yes and no, because paypal is the only system to buy Smiteworks products, no direct credit card or amazon payment... I had the same problem with an online store and this one solved it by contacting paypal. This is a form of forced sale from paypal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sallerin View Post
    Yes and no, because paypal is the only system to buy Smiteworks products, no direct credit card or amazon payment... I had the same problem with an online store and this one solved it by contacting paypal. This is a form of forced sale from paypal.
    Hi Sallerin

For me, I can buy from Fantasy Grounds without logging into Paypal or having a Paypal account.
    Are you saying that this option is also blocked to you in your location?
    I believe some countries like Turkey prohibit any access to Paypal at all.
    Steam has different payment options and have all the same products except they do not have Fantasy Grounds Unity yet.

For me (France) there is no other payment solution.
    Paypal only with paypal account or new paypal account.
    Perhaps, the problem is only with translation for non english screen? Can't change the paypal screen, only french for me...
    Oddly recurring subscriptions do not require a paypal account and can be paid by credit card via paypal

Steam have FGU but there is no Traveller MGT2 DLC, for example only rulesets... not all products...

Blog Entries
    Last I heard Steam only has FGC and not FGU. But it should have all 1500+ DLC add-ons.

Not sure what else to say, but perhaps [email protected] might have more information?

Also, curious as to why you don't want/can't use a PayPal account? (If you don't mind sharing.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I was indeed mistaken for FGU, however there is no DLC for traveller second edition unlike the Smitework shop...
    First of all, I don’t appreciate being forced to use a particular payment system, but mostly because my Paypal account was hacked internally a few years ago for $3,500 and although Paypal is refunded to me without making too much trouble it took two months. Paypal didn’t even bother to apologize or contact me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing, I don't blame you for not liking PayPal.

Surprised and confused though about the Traveler content. I was able to find some 2E, though it was challenging and not sure if it is all of it;
    - 2E Ruleset
    - Spinward Marches
    - Reach Adventure 1

It looks like they don't show up in the lists, but if you search for them they show up. (I searched the FG store to find the names and then did a search in Steam to find the product)

If anything is missing from Steam, I would contact [email protected] as they have always stated the intent is for everything to be duplicated.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information