FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 88 of 96 First ... 38788687888990 ... Last
    Thanks for the quick replies,
    I knew there had to be a way. Is it better to have both Innate and regular spells in TRAITS or, one in TRAITS and one in ACTIONS? or does it matter at all?
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Thanks for the quick replies,
    I knew there had to be a way. Is it better to have both Innate and regular spells in TRAITS or, one in TRAITS and one in ACTIONS? or does it matter at all?
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

If you want both innate and Spellcasting then place them both in traits. If you just want one or the other you can put them in actions. I don’t think one in traits and one in actions will work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus

Hi! it's me again with another failed search-fu.

Running PFRPG1. Having two npcs, one buffing the other with spells, the effects are seen in the chat.
    I want to hide the effects in the chat when the pcs don't pass the spellcraft DC.

How do i do that?

I don't know the PF1 ruleset that well; but in general you have options in options to show or hide DM rolls and to show or hide results to clients. You also have show effects on notice and show notice to players. Having said that you can't be very specific about what rolls or results are seen. In other words all of these options are either on or off; so you either see all of the rolls or none of them You can't specify a particular set of rolls to be hidden. As I say however I don't know the PF1 ruleset very well so I'm not sure what a spellcraft roll is.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don't know the PF1 ruleset that well; but in general you have options in options to show or hide DM rolls and to show or hide results to clients. You also have show effects on notice and show notice to players. Having said that you can't be very specific about what rolls or results are seen. In other words all of these options are either on or off; so you either see all of the rolls or none of them You can't specify a particular set of rolls to be hidden. As I say however I don't know the PF1 ruleset very well so I'm not sure what a spellcraft roll is.
    The thing is:
    - have a lots of active extensions. don't know if this is making things worst, hopefully not.
    - it doesn't happen all the time. When i join myself as a player to my campaign or use the account of my wife i don't have any problems.
    - also, while playing the first part of the session usually my players don't see the effects, but for some reason, it seems that at some point it starts to show them.

I will compare the options for my campaign to one without any extensions to see if there is any differente.

Thanks, Zacchaeus!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urheil View Post
    The thing is:
    - have a lots of active extensions. don't know if this is making things worst, hopefully not.
    - it doesn't happen all the time. When i join myself as a player to my campaign or use the account of my wife i don't have any problems.
    - also, while playing the first part of the session usually my players don't see the effects, but for some reason, it seems that at some point it starts to show them.

I will compare the options for my campaign to one without any extensions to see if there is any differente.

Thanks, Zacchaeus!
    \Start a new campaign, use no extensions. Does the issue occur? If not, then it's one of your extensions, and unless you get lucky, no one is going to know which one, or combination, is responsible. You'll probably have to identify it yourself by disable the extensions in sets until you can identify which one(s) are the cause.

If you upload your logs, they might indicate something, but unless it's showing an actual warning or error, it's unlikely

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    \Start a new campaign, use no extensions. Does the issue occur? If not, then it's one of your extensions, and unless you get lucky, no one is going to know which one, or combination, is responsible. You'll probably have to identify it yourself by disable the extensions in sets until you can identify which one(s) are the cause.

If you upload your logs, they might indicate something, but unless it's showing an actual warning or error, it's unlikely
    It's a random event. For me it's the same, but My players start with "uh it's enlarge perdón", "it's xxxx spell" then i know.

Joining myself from another instante doesn't show.... Si i don't know how to reproduce the situation.

Thanks anyway

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Urheil View Post
    It's a random event. For me it's the same, but My players start with "uh it's enlarge perdón", "it's xxxx spell" then i know.

Joining myself from another instante doesn't show.... Si i don't know how to reproduce the situation.

Thanks anyway
    99% of the time issues like these are due to an out of date extension, or a conflict between extensions. I would suggest you try your next play session will all extensions disabled. Then try to get one or more of your players to test with you, and turn back on your extensions until the issue happens again.

I will also suggest you do a Compile Logs and attach here. That will tell us exactly what extensions you are using along with a bunch of other useful info. Until then, anyone is just guessing. Remember, if you can't repeat it, how likely are we to be able to?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information