5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 87 of 96 First ... 37778586878889 ... Last
    Hi all!

I've been trying to think on how to create an effect to do the Witch Hex Protective Luck.
    Protective Luck (Su)
    The witch can cause fate to twist so that it benefits a creature within 30 feet for 1 round. Whenever that creature is targeted by an effect that requires an attack roll, including weapon attacks, the attacker must roll twice and take the worse result.

At 8th level and 16th level, the duration of this hex is extended by 1 round. A witch cannot use this ability on herself. Hexes that affect the fortune hex, such as cackle, also affect protective luck.
    And... i have no clue. Is the an easy way to do this? is it possible create it?

Thanks!

There's no way to do it automatically. The easiest way to do it is to un-target the target and roll two attacks and then drag the lowest result onto the target
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Could you make a targeted effect that imposes GRANTDISATK with an expiry of [ROLL] that you could drag onto the affected creature?

Hello All,
    Is there a wiki, walk-through, or tutorial (that isn't centuries old) for how to add a tab to a character sheet and then populate the tab in FGU (5e ruleset in particular)?
    I'm trying to learn the coding for extensions with something task-based.

Thanks for any replies
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    Hello All,
    Is there a wiki, walk-through, or tutorial (that isn't centuries old) for how to add a tab to a character sheet and then populate the tab in FGU (5e ruleset in particular)?
    I'm trying to learn the coding for extensions with something task-based.

Thanks for any replies
    Consider investing in the Ruleset Wizard. Works for extensions too. Examples Library – Ruleset Wizard

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks LordEntrails, I'll take a look. I found a wiki, but I had to push a dinosaur off that was sitting on it. I don't believe that it was even for FGU.

Thanks again
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

The FGU developer guide is here, as far as I am aware, it has the most up to date info regarding developing. But I do not believe there is a specific example of adding a tab. For that, I believe the guidance is to look at CoreRPG for examples.

There is also The Workshop sub-forum where you can interact with others.

Hello All,
    Is there a way to add multiple spell categories to an NPC using the importer?
    I'm adding a celestial that has wizard spells and cleric spells. It seems that only one category (the first one) will parse on the CT. I thought maybe adding one of the categories to INNATE SPELLS, but that didn't seem to pan out either

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    You want them to have different spell casting abilities for the different sets of spells? I think Innate is the only way to do it. Should work. Make sure that all spells are deleted from the NPC when you parse. Make sure your trait wording and formatting is exact.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, you can have Innate Spells and a Spellcasting trait. Make sure that you create them as traits and not actions; you can only have one spellcasting action but you can have both innate and spellcasting in traits. See the this wiki article for more details on how to specifically word the traits. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...llcasting-NPCs
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information