Starfinder Playlist
Page 76 of 96 First ... 2666747576777886 ... Last
    There isn't a tutorial but all you do is create an NPC and give it whatever actions you need.

Here's some examples.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    Is there a tutorial someplace for putting Traps and Hazards (primarily HAZARDS) in the NPC blocks for 5E? I'm vexed by what goes where and how to make it functional. In 3.5E (on FGC) there was a distinct difference between a NPC and a trap, 5E has no such distinction.
    Thanks in advance
    There is a long discussion on it here, as well as an exampe mod with some cusotm & SRD traps and hazards. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ards-amp-Traps I know there are other trap modules on the forums and DMsGuild. Though I think they all pre-date te MToF format.

You can also see example traps and hazards from both the DMG and I think MToF has examples of a newer format. Plus Unearthed Arcana has examples that pre-date MToF format.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Actually, you're just the guy I need to address this to. In Tasha's Cauldron, for example, there is text for "avalanche" (page 169) and the storms (page 163). I haven't seen the mod that you did for this yet, but it's a perfect example of my question. Seeing that you did the conversion, how did you translate this text into the NPC block? I looked at the mod and the discussion before posting, but it doesn't really get through my skull about the hazards. Traps, I think I got. Hazards seem like a bad algebra word problem that won't sink in.
    Thanks again
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

I didn't actually do anything with those. But if I were to then I'd create an NPC add an action with whatever name I chose and then copy the text into that action. The text would read something like "A creature must make a DC 15 Strength saving throw taking 1d10 bludgeoning damage on a failed save, with half as much damage on a success".

You can find information on how to set up actions on NPCs here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...rs#NPC-Actions
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Great Thanks,
    I guess I misunderstood the "Adapted for Fantasy Grounds by: Zacchaeus" on the Tasha's page here in the FG shop. As usual, I was over complicating things, Thanks again
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    Great Thanks,
    I guess I misunderstood the "Adapted for Fantasy Grounds by: Zacchaeus" on the Tasha's page here in the FG shop. As usual, I was over complicating things, Thanks again
    I did adapt Tasha for Fantasy Grounds; I just didn't create the items you mentioned as NPCs in the module.

Hello,

The new dice packs are very nifty (though I am still startled by how big the dice are now in the UI). I'd really love to be able to use specifically themed dice for specific actions - e. g. fire dice for fireballs, lightning dice for thunder effects. Is it possible now (or planned to be possible in the future) to add that as an attribute for effects and actions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti View Post
    Hello,

The new dice packs are very nifty (though I am still startled by how big the dice are now in the UI). I'd really love to be able to use specifically themed dice for specific actions - e. g. fire dice for fireballs, lightning dice for thunder effects. Is it possible now (or planned to be possible in the future) to add that as an attribute for effects and actions?
    It is in the works. See the sneak peek from earlier this week.
    https://youtu.be/KduT6JHgQM4

Hello.

The new dices are really big, but it looks cool. However, they are overlapping the mod field in my screen. Can we move the new dice position? Where? I couldn't find it in the options.
    - - -
    FG Classic / FG Unity Ultimate
    Playing D&D 5th

Quote Originally Posted by fabiocm View Post
    Hello.

The new dices are really big, but it looks cool. However, they are overlapping the mod field in my screen. Can we move the new dice position? Where? I couldn't find it in the options.
    If you hover just to the left of the d20, you should see a lock icon appear. Clicking it will allow you to move the dice.

Thread Information