Starfinder Playlist
Page 57 of 96 First ... 747555657585967 ... Last
    Or write your own extensions to apply your house ruled version of the presets.

JPG

Yes, ask customers to write an extension, because you insist that only your interpretation of the rules can be valid and user options are not needed. FGU lighting does not adhere to grids and printed AoE rules of 5E/PF for a grid based gaming, so I hoped that I could at least change the presets instead of editing every single token setting manually.

Anyway, next question: How do I switch layer visibility between "Invisible" and "GM only" without flipping through "Visible to All" (and thus reveal things to players for a split second)?

You can't - as you have probably guessed. So I'd suggest starting the layer off as GM only and then you can flip to visible when needed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Too bad. Because it often makes sense to have a layer with room letters/numbers that can be switched between off and GM only. This would allow me to have one window less open (GM map) and thus make better use of FGU's desktop. These kind of GM layers are never meant to be visible to players, so flipping through views - including Visible to All - does not work.

Enough. I don't want to have to close this thread. There's a lot of useful information in it. Please stop.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Too bad. Because it often makes sense to have a layer with room letters/numbers that can be switched between off and GM only. This would allow me to have one window less open (GM map) and thus make better use of FGU's desktop. These kind of GM layers are never meant to be visible to players, so flipping through views - including Visible to All - does not work.
    A possibility is to use map pins. They are not as simple/quick as text layer, but they can have a great deal more info in them, plus they will give you the link/story name when you hover over them which can be used like a label.

As always, you can put a suggestion for an improvement on the wish list.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Since I work with bought adventures all the map pins and encounters are already laid out to me at the click of the mouse. But often it is easier to read the wall of text in a PDF that is already opened in the background. Those adventure PDFs are sorted by room letter/number, which is what the GM maps provide. But those GM maps are in an extra window taking extra space. So having a GM only layer just for those letters would be useful.

Actually this came up when I troubleshooted a workaround for another user here on the board where he had two huge map image files loaded, just to have one with the letters. Instead the letters could just have been stamped on their own separate layer, but then you cannot switch them on/off without the player catching a glimpse at them. I hoped that there was some keyboard modifier to hold while pressing the visibility button, so I tried all combinations of ctrl/alt/shift, but unfortunately to no avail.

You could briefly unshare the map but then that may not be ideal either.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Since I work with bought adventures all the map pins and encounters are already laid out to me at the click of the mouse. But often it is easier to read the wall of text in a PDF that is already opened in the background. Those adventure PDFs are sorted by room letter/number, which is what the GM maps provide. But those GM maps are in an extra window taking extra space. So having a GM only layer just for those letters would be useful.

Actually this came up when I troubleshooted a workaround for another user here on the board where he had two huge map image files loaded, just to have one with the letters. Instead the letters could just have been stamped on their own separate layer, but then you cannot switch them on/off without the player catching a glimpse at them. I hoped that there was some keyboard modifier to hold while pressing the visibility button, so I tried all combinations of ctrl/alt/shift, but unfortunately to no avail.
    I would upvote this if you want to put it on the wishlist.

The only problem I see is that since you have to toggle through the various states you can't really avoid the visible to all no matter what order you put them in. What, I think, you are looking for is a way to go backwards as well as forwards through the options so that you can toggle between DM only and invisible.

Thread Information