FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 44 of 96 First ... 3442434445465494 ... Last
    Currently there is no text layer.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Currently there is no text layer.
    Thanks. I'll refresh my Photoshop skillz then ;-)

So, I'm not even sure if this is possible, but it seems like it should be, given what else FGU can do:

If I layer two maps in a FGU image, can I erase portions of one to show the other? For example, if I add a tile of water first, and then overlay it with a tile of grass, can I erase a section of the grass tile (in a manner similar to "revealing" a masked area) to create a river?

Could I create several layers of maps to show things changing through the course of the combat? I know I can add an element (like a roof on the witch's house) and then hide that... can I show or hide portions of whole maps?

I'm not sure if that's clear or not. I'm sorry if it doesn't make any sense.
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merkvah View Post
    So, I'm not even sure if this is possible, but it seems like it should be, given what else FGU can do:

If I layer two maps in a FGU image, can I erase portions of one to show the other? For example, if I add a tile of water first, and then overlay it with a tile of grass, can I erase a section of the grass tile (in a manner similar to "revealing" a masked area) to create a river?

Could I create several layers of maps to show things changing through the course of the combat? I know I can add an element (like a roof on the witch's house) and then hide that... can I show or hide portions of whole maps?

I'm not sure if that's clear or not. I'm sorry if it doesn't make any sense.
    Each image/asset can be placed on it's own layer. Each layer can have it's own alpha (transparency) value as well as be shown or hidden. So if you make your assets and the image correctly, you can show/hide the grass overlay layer as desired to achieve your desired effect.

Josh does a stream on YouTube/Twitch every week on mapping with FGU. He does some pretty cool things, you may want to check it out. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RNoTFVHqHwMd2s

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you! I'll watch the videos to see how to do that. =) I appreciate your response!
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Generally speaking, yes, you can do what you want. However usually you can't subtract *part* of a tile, but you could add a stream on *top* of a tile. I'd second watching Josh's videos. If FGU's mapping tools are really new to you - you might find the GenCon seminar a good (if a bit dated) overview since it doesn't assume any knowledge.

Hello, is there a way to reveal a layer through a pin? I will explain what I mean, just in case I'm not clear. In one of my games my players activated a trap that flooded the room with acid. I had created a layer (that I hid) to show the room filled with acid. The only way I know to reveal the layer is if you go to the map menu to hide or reveal layers. This is honestly a bit cumbersome, and I was hoping there'd be a way to add it to a room entry (through the pins) or if maybe there was an easier way to do it than having the layer menu open.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumajuhl View Post
    Hello, is there a way to reveal a layer through a pin? I will explain what I mean, just in case I'm not clear. In one of my games my players activated a trap that flooded the room with acid. I had created a layer (that I hid) to show the room filled with acid. The only way I know to reveal the layer is if you go to the map menu to hide or reveal layers. This is honestly a bit cumbersome, and I was hoping there'd be a way to add it to a room entry (through the pins) or if maybe there was an easier way to do it than having the layer menu open.
    Nope

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I want the los and lighting, when it's going to be released? Si there any link for following the progresa?

LOS was released along with the initial release a year or so ago. Lighting is in Beta https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...a-Release-v4-1
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information