5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Maybe for your specific use case, but not for others who want to be able to control the exact dimensions of the map window and the map view.
    I, too, want to control the exact dimensions of the map window and the map view.. and I wish that the map view remains complete while I adjust the dimensions of the map window at will!
    Well, it could at least be an option.

For example, this is one of the very few ways to see the whole 'Farmstead' map: farmstead vertical.png

While I would rather see the whole 'Farmstead' map in the typical position (and dimensions) I set the maps: farmstead as I would.png
    Instead, you may see that the map is not complete in such position
    Last edited by Galdor; April 7th, 2020 at 16:01.

You can do what you ask in FGU. Quite frankly, I don't like it. But, each of us have different likes and requirements...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It is not a matter of like/dislike: the typical position (and dimensions) I set the maps lets visible both the chat log on the left - where dice are rolled/displayed! - and the menu buttons on the right as well. I find it's the best setting to see/manage all the most important stuff.

Why you don't find my setting useful? May I ask you which is your best setting for gamemastering FG plays?

You can do what you ask in FGU
    Oh, my... it looks that all the unreasonable flaws of FGC will be fixed only buying FGU
    Last edited by Galdor; April 7th, 2020 at 16:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Why you don't find my setting useful? May I ask you which is your best setting for gamemastering FG plays?
    I'm confused what you're now referring to. Are you now OK with what you can do in FG classic? Or are you still looking for something else?

I thought you were wanting to be able to completely freely move an image around within the image window - that is what I was referring to is available within FGU - where you can zoom out beyond the limits of the image (the background will fill in around the edge).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm confused what you're now referring to. Are you now OK with what you can do in FG classic? Or are you still looking for something else?

I thought you were wanting to be able to completely freely move an image around within the image window - that is what I was referring to is available within FGU - where you can zoom out beyond the limits of the image (the background will fill in around the edge).
    FG Classic does not fix my issue (you said FGU would do): I wish to see the whole map despite the size/proportions I give to map window. It's what FGCassic does not allow, as I showed in my screenshots above

Blog Entries
    FG Classic does not fix my issue (you said FGU would do): I wish to see the whole map despite the size/proportions I give to map window. It's what FGCassic does not allow, as I showed in my screenshots above
    So you want FG to change the aspect ratio of the image to fit in the window dimensions you set? Or you want a fit to window where teh window size doesn't change and FG pads the image to fit to window? (So you have lots of blank space in the window?)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As I wrote multiple times, I wish the whole map proportionally adjusts when the map window dimensions are modified.
    In other terms, I wish to see the whole map (not only a part of it) despite the size/proportions I give to map window.
    Last edited by Galdor; April 7th, 2020 at 18:31.

Blog Entries
    As I wrote multiple times, I wish to see the whole map (not only a part of it) despite the size/proportions I give to map window. In other terms, I wish the whole map proportionally adjusts when the map window dimensions are modified.
    Yes you have said that several times. And unfortunately I still don't know which of the two situations I described you are wanting. If you want me to understand, I will need you to explain in a different way. Thanks.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes you have said that several times. And unfortunately I still don't know which of the two situations I described you are wanting. If you want me to understand, I will need you to explain in a different way. Thanks.
    The first one, with two important editings (in italic): I want FG to maintain the whole map to fit in whatever window dimensions I set.
    Id est, I wish always to see the whole map (not only a part of it) despite any changings I make to map window dimensions/size.

Maybe the example above could further clarify:
    - this is one of the very few ways to see the whole 'Farmstead' map (and I don't like to see it so small): farmstead vertical.png
    - Instead, I want to see the whole 'Farmstead' map in the dimension/size depicted here (as you may see, the map is not completely shown, but only a part of it): farmstead window with right dimension (but with only a part of the map visible).png

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I think what they means is that if you resize the window then the image inside the window should also move and not remain static.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information