5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Updater Down?

Updater Down?

Is the FG updater down? Trying to update FGC or FGU gives me a network timeout.

Just tried again and it is getting further but is randomly timing out (got packages, examples, purchases). As it starts on the first package (2E) it's timing out. Seems remote as the issue as I don't see any problems locally with internet but I guess I could be wrong.

Blog Entries
    This is probably due to Flood Protection on your router or Advanced Security features from your ISP. Check your router and other security software for any alerts/logs and any Flood Protection or Parental Controls settings. Also, let us know your ISP.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Oh, and no, the updater is not currently down

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Figured it out. Onedrive. I had Onedrive syncing in the background and even though I have its upload throttled as soon as I paused syncing then FG Updater worked like normal. So there must be some sort of collision between the two. I had run a Speedtest while Onedrive was doing its thing and it was fine (30Mbit down, 2Mbit up - usually about 4Mbit of my 5Mbit up but Onedrive was doing its thing) so I thought my internet was fine and maybe it was a remote issue. Then I remembered I had some large videos that were updating to my Onedrive but the upload was set to a trickle, I think 250kbit using the Onedrive settings. It works now, so note to self - turn of Onedrive when fiddling with FG. Some other symptoms: the Update button didn't highlight as soon as I started the app and I knew there were updates; trying to start a cloud server didn't work as it said it couldn't see the lobby; on FGC pressing the "Run Test" button to check port forwarding would also fail. I'm using a Nighthawk D7000 DSL Modem+Router, so I don't know if the router has issues with how Onedrive does its thing or not, maybe its Windows. Who knows.

Blog Entries
    You don't have your FG Data on your OneDrive do you? That's prone to cause data corruption...

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You don't have your FG Data on your OneDrive do you? That's prone to cause data corruption...
    Nope. It is on an internal drive.

Thread Information