DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Maintain the Classic Imaging System

EDITED

Please, vote.
    Easy Way to Add Multiple Assets to FGU
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=132873

Hi.

I constantly create new campaigns.

Doing this at FGU is much more difficult.

Watch the video. Only people with the link can see this video, it's not public.

Steps at FGU

1. Open Assets
    2. Move the image from Assets to Image
    3. Click Lock, then click Unlock. This allows me to write the NONID name.

That seems little, but a normal oneshot adventure has 15 to 30 images. Using FGC I was able to do this just by placing all the images in the FGC folder.

The images also appear only by the file name. You cannot see the name NONID. See image.
    image order.jpg

Please think about the user interface and how it can automate repetitive processes.
    Last edited by brunocalado; April 6th, 2020 at 15:00.

This was the very first thing I ran into when testing FGU. Unnecessarily complicated, and makes the already awful UX of FGC even worse.

I run campaigns from PDFs and copy-pasting dozens of screenshots has been easy in FGC. Not sure if I would want to start using FGU, though I have FGU Ultimate.

Blog Entries
    FGC has a 1:1 link between images and files. FGU does not therefore it can not use the same approach for image management that FGC did.

There are improvements that can be made to image management in FGU, but it won't be the same as it was in FGC.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FGC has a 1:1 link between images and files. FGU does not therefore it can not use the same approach for image management that FGC did.

There are improvements that can be made to image management in FGU, but it won't be the same as it was in FGC.
    I just want to insert multiple images at once. If you watched the video you can understand why.

They can do this. It's ok.

Blog Entries
    I know what you want to do. I do the same thing.

Yes something better than the current method can be developed. But it won't and can't be the same as in FGC.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hey brunocalado. If you find yourself often adding the same group of assets to multiple campaigns, perhaps a method that would be useful would be for you to do this quickly would be to export it as a module. Then any new campaign you just load your custom module and it automatically loads all your images that you put into the module. This won't help you if you are making a different campaign with new assets each time, but if you run the same one shot often, or have a lot of common assets, this might be a bit of a workaround that would save you some effort.

Thread Information