DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Update process times out on GetProducts call

I recently bought an additional sourcebook and went to Get Updates at the launcher to download the product and it worked fine. After picking up a second item yesterday, returning to the Get Updates again starting encountering an error.

As of about 10pm EST April 3rd, when I try to run the Get Updates process, I see the following repeated:

Getting package from FG server
    ERROR - GetProducts: Network: time out
    Retrying in 10 seconds

Tried again this morning, about 12 hours later, and it continues. First time this has happened to me, after years of use.

Is the FG server down for maintenance?

The FG update servers appear to be running fine from here.

Usually, this means that something is now blocking the FGUpdaterEngine.exe application. Please check your Windows Firewall and any other Internet security software. Also, make sure your network is set to Private, not Public. Sometimes, OS updates can change settings.

Regards,
    JPG

I have verified that all references to FGUpdaterEngine.exe are trusted and allowed for my firewall. My Network is set to Private. Any other idfeas

Perhaps the new advanced security systems that a lot of ISPs are implementing, which block connections from downloading data?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

JPG

I'm sure that is likely the case. Do you know the updater IP so that I can recognize it when it appears as a threat to allow through? Is that post's IP of 58.173.164.225 what I should be looking for?

I also notice that the external IP resolution and connection tests are failing now too. Is that all using port 1802 as well? So far nothing is appearing explicitly in my Xfinity threat list for port 1802, so nothing for me to approve.

Well, it's definitely an ISP issue. I disabled their advanced security and it started working again without an issue. I'll see if I can work with them and get it to work while it is on. Thank you for the assistance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nymbleshanks View Post
    Well, it's definitely an ISP issue. I disabled their advanced security and it started working again without an issue. I'll see if I can work with them and get it to work while it is on. Thank you for the assistance.
    See the sticky Comcast, Cox, Xfinity thread.

Thread Information