DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Building a module, link icons

I'm building out a module (essentially transcribing Into the Borderlands from Goodman Games (a 5e conversion of both B1 - In Search of the Unknown, and B2 - The Keep on the Borderlands). Building up the Story entries to pin onto the map, and I drag on an Encounter and a Parcel onto the Story. But, they both have the same icon. I think it would be nice if the icon were to somehow distinguish which type of link it is. Right now, I'm working around it by putting "Parcel" into the Parcel's name.

Blog Entries
    There are two feature requests for this functionality on the wishlist. Vote for them there
    - https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=95803
    - https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=81597

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    I'm building out a module (essentially transcribing Into the Borderlands from Goodman Games (a 5e conversion of both B1 - In Search of the Unknown, and B2 - The Keep on the Borderlands). Building up the Story entries to pin onto the map, and I drag on an Encounter and a Parcel onto the Story. But, they both have the same icon. I think it would be nice if the icon were to somehow distinguish which type of link it is. Right now, I'm working around it by putting "Parcel" into the Parcel's name.
    Yes, give the link a name. The convention is to have the link with a bold title and a description such as Encounter: Bugbears, Parcel: Treasury, Quest: Finding Nemo, Link: Story 5
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've noticed choosing "link" in the formatting does.. well nothing? I can drag and drop icons into story/etc. and that creates a clickable link.. But, for example: I want a line of text to become a link to another story article. Much like a hyperlink. Other then that, I can't find any documentation on what "link" does from the formatting menu..

Hopefully I made sense there.

Blog Entries
    You can not select a portion of a line and 'link' it. The whole line becomes a link. It will then get the link icon at the start of it and you can drag another story or object (parcel, encounter, map, etc) to the link icon and it will go from an empty link icon to a filled/linked icon.

IMO, its not very useful unless you are laying out things so that you can come back later and add the link. It's faster to just drag the item to the story and FG will automatically create and format the link.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ahhh, okay that makes sense. But, after some experimentation I agree the drag and drop is much better.

Thread Information