STAR TREK 2d20
Page 25 of 30 First ... 152324252627 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

FGUpdaterEngine.log is in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds (unless you specified a different data directory).. you can usually get there by enterying %appdata% in the address bar of File Explorer.
    There is usually one found in C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds as well

I sent all the *.log I found in the Smite Works directories except player-prev. Did whole pc search for the term "FGUpdaterEngine.log" with no results. Screenshot 2020-10-05 234218.jpg Screenshot 2020-10-05 234405.jpg Screenshot 2020-10-05 234847.jpg

All 11 folders in the ...roaming/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/ are empty.

Thank you for helping, by the way. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Nephryte; October 6th, 2020 at 04:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephryte View Post
    I sent all the *.log I found in the Smite Works directories except player-prev. Did whole pc search for the term "FGUpdaterEngine.log" with no results. Screenshot 2020-10-05 234218.jpg Screenshot 2020-10-05 234405.jpg Screenshot 2020-10-05 234847.jpg

All 11 folders in the ...roaming/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/ are empty.

Thank you for helping, by the way. I appreciate it.
    Can you jump on Discord and message me (smelton#0068) so we can troubleshoot?

Currently having an issue with the Updater... it just says Beginning Update... help, lol
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Fixed... somehow, through no actions of my own, my password got screwed up...
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

First of all I wonder if this is the official support thread?

I have the same problem, it says Update Progress but it does not do anything...

fg.-screenshot.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kowinator View Post
    First of all I wonder if this is the official support thread?

I have the same problem, it says Update Progress but it does not do anything...

fg.-screenshot.png
    It was started by the lead developer, so yes, its' the official thread for this issue Though you can always email support for direct support rather than commnity assisted support.

Have you checked your updater log? Can you post it? Have you checked your security software on your computer and router/modem to see if it is blocking anything? What security s/w do you use? Does your ISP provide "Advanced Security"? Who is your ISP?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can you check the installation directory for the FGUpdaterEngine.log and send it over?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It was started by the lead developer, so yes, its' the official thread for this issue Though you can always email support for direct support rather than commnity assisted support.

Have you checked your updater log? Can you post it? Have you checked your security software on your computer and router/modem to see if it is blocking anything? What security s/w do you use? Does your ISP provide "Advanced Security"? Who is your ISP?
    yes, here it is

FantasyGroundsUpdater.logFGUpdaterEngine_Player.log

I looked into the log of my security software and it didn't show anything.

My security software is AVG Internet Security

I cannot make any statements regarding ISP...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kowinator View Post
    yes, here it is

FantasyGroundsUpdater.logFGUpdaterEngine_Player.log

I looked into the log of my security software and it didn't show anything.

My security software is AVG Internet Security

I cannot make any statements regarding ISP...
    Looks like your security software is protecting you. A couple of errors I see that you should be able to solve. The first one
    Could not write to Log File: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGUpdaterEngine.log" is denied.
    Browse to :\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds, right click on the folder and select Properties. Go to Security tab and Edit the permissions so that your user has has Full Control to that folder, contents and all sub folders/files.

Your next error;
    Failed to save app settings: System.Security.SecurityException: A security error has been detected.
    Indicates your security software is not allow changes it the registry to be made. You will have to check how to allow it to allow you to install software and or make registry changes. I don't know the steps for this.

Hopefully if you resolve those two issues, the others will go away too, but you do have more of a similar nature.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information