DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caldeth View Post
    I have Classic and Unity installed, but only one copy of each.

Looking at the logs, yeah it does seem that it's having an issue. re-install maybe?

OnApplicationQuit()
    e: OnApplicationQuit - Could not find shell C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe To self-update!
    Make sure your settings are pointing to the correct location as indicated by Moon.

Check the install folder and see if you have any updater_old or updater_new folders or executabless. Copy and rename any "new" to not have the "new" and try runnign it directly.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jlabbe View Post
    Here's the log when I'm trying to update.
    That looks like the FG Update server is down or unreachable. Nothing you can do except try again in 30 minutes.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can you please try again? We had some issues with a reboot we did trying to address the heavy load issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you please try again? We had some issues with a reboot we did trying to address the heavy load issue.

Regards,
    JPG
    Just tried again and still coming out with 2020-03-25
    I've not done anything that would change my directories and as I say it was all working properly just before the update. If I uninstalled and tried a fresh install will I lose the work I've done or is that safe?

Here is the latest log file;
    Attached Files Attached Files

As long as your FG app and data directory are different, your work should remain. You can always back up your campaigns folder in the FG data directory to save everything you've worked on directly.

Doing that might be the best bet, because I'm suspecting that either your executable is not getting overwritten correctly; or you have two installations somehow.

Regards,
    JPG

We are getting the same message... that we have different versions, even though we are all using unity... and all updated to the most recent build.

Everyone should be reporting 2020-03-26 build on the FGU launch screen. If they are not, make sure that they go into Settings -> Advanced tab and that they are set to Live channel, and run a new Update.

Regards,
    JPG

Well I uninstalled it and did a fresh reinstall. Now I'm stuck on they updater screen and the "Launch Fantasy Grounds" button is greyed out even though it says update complete. I seem to be in a worse situation now that I was before. I'll try again in the morning and hope things have been resolved by then. Gutted that we couldn't play tonight

I still seem to be unable to update FGU. The launcher is just stuck in an endless loop and the "Launch Fantasy Grounds" button is still greyed out. Is there anything else that I can do to try and get it to work. I've already tried restarting my system, a fresh install and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I see on the forums some other people are also having the same issue?

I have already emailed Support with my update log so hopefully, someone will be able to come back to me with a fix

Blog Entries

Thread Information