DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Incompatible versions

Myself and friends are trying to run a game but we keep getting a message saying the host and player are running on incompatible versions. We have all updated 3 times but still get the same error. We've connected before without any issue so I'm not sure what's happening now?

Make sure everyone is getting the version with the build date (2020-03-26). We pushed simultaneous Windows and Mac builds about an hour ago.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Also make sure everyone is running FG Unity. FG Classic will not connect to FGU.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Make sure everyone is getting the version with the build date (2020-03-26). We pushed simultaneous Windows and Mac builds about an hour ago.

Regards,
    JPG
    It looks like their versions are 26, but mine is still 25. I've run the update 4 times but it hasn't altered anything. The check for updates box though is highlighted in red so it seems that it does know an update is needed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caldeth View Post
    It looks like their versions are 26, but mine is still 25. I've run the update 4 times but it hasn't altered anything. The check for updates box though is highlighted in red so it seems that it does know an update is needed
    Do you have more than one installation of FG on your computer? If you search for 'fantasygrounds.exe' do you get more than 1 result?

There is usually an update.log file in your FG installation directory, can you post the content of that here?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Have you changed the install paths at all?
    What path does your Settings report for the Application directory? Is that where your shortcut to start FGU points?

Regards,
    JPG

I have Classic and Unity installed, but only one copy of each.

Looking at the logs, yeah it does seem that it's having an issue. re-install maybe?

OnApplicationQuit()
    e: OnApplicationQuit - Could not find shell C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe To self-update!

Nope, I've not manually altered anything. All was working fine a couple of hours ago. I logged out after session prep to get dinner and then re-logged to start the game.

Same issue here. Cannot join my DM's game, because the host and player are using incompatible versions. Also, the updater can't seem to connect to the server, so no updates can be made.

Here's the log when I'm trying to update.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information