FG Spreadshirt Swag

Can'r open FG demo on Mac

Hi. I have macOS Catalina v. 10.15.2. I am unable to open to program after downloading. Any advise?

Blog Entries
    Catalina does not allow 32 bit applications to run. FG Classic is a 32 bit application

There are a bunch of discussion on this and you can find them, and more details, here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post465175

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Catalina does not allow 32 bit applications to run. FG Classic is a 32 bit application

There are a bunch of discussion on this and you can find them, and more details, here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post465175

Does that mean that this solution no longer works?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-(Recommended)

I would upgrade to Unity, except that the Star Wars FFG third party ruleset hasn't been fully converted over to it yet... and I have only ONE player with a Mac (dammit)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Does that mean that this solution no longer works?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-(Recommended)

I would upgrade to Unity, except that the Star Wars FFG third party ruleset hasn't been fully converted over to it yet... and I have only ONE player with a Mac (dammit)
    That solution is ~8 years old

The last discussions I remember on this were that early on Wine and Parallels had not yet created a version that worked with Catalina that allowed 32 bit apps to run. I suspect by now their are versions that do. But these require you to install Wine or Parallels or use Bootcamp to partition your drive. And then install FGC (Windows version) inside that virtual machine. The Mac installer provided by SmiteWorks uses a Wine Wrapper that won't run on Catalina.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    Hi. I have macOS Catalina v. 10.15.2. I am unable to open to program after downloading. Any advise?
    Phew so glad I saw but sorry for your issue. I was all ready to make the switch between roll20 and FG after watching loads of videos online. Sadly most of my party (all bar 1) and myself are mac users. I would have wasted my money. I am guessing they have no plans to update it to work with catalina judging by the many similar threads. Saved myself a few hundred quid there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBW View Post
    Phew so glad I saw but sorry for your issue. I was all ready to make the switch between roll20 and FG after watching loads of videos online. Sadly most of my party (all bar 1) and myself are mac users. I would have wasted my money. I am guessing they have no plans to update it to work with catalina judging by the many similar threads. Saved myself a few hundred quid there.
    The new version - Fantasy Grounds Unity - has a native Mac client.
    It is still in Beta. You can try it with a sub for 30 days and if not working for you request a refund.

Music to my ears!

I will give it a go!
    Last edited by MattBW; March 29th, 2020 at 12:38.

Thread Information