DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Gifting Discounted Unity Upgrades and Discounted DLC for Linked Paizo Account

I realize this is for Technical Support Issues, whereas mine is more of store policy/functionality questions. I couldn't find this in the FAQ, Forums, or just on Google in general. If I've missed it, feel free to point me to the correct location and

If I receive a discount on Fantasy Grounds content for owning the PDF version of Paizo material, then gift it to a friend, do I have to cover the discount difference in cost? If they in turn sync Paizo and Fantasy Grounds, will it give them a free PDF or does the purchaser of the product keep the "duplicate" PDF?
    Additionally, if I get a discount to purchase Unity for owning Classic and gift Unity to my friend, will I have to cover the difference in cost?

Long Version/Background: Being the group member with the most disposable income, I've been the one buying most of the physical RP books that my group has even though I'm almost exclusively a player. In the case of Paizo I have a few different physical subscriptions (that come with free PDFs), and in exchange both the GMs and players occasionally toss a little cash my way to help fund the group's hobby and I never have to chip in for game day snackage. Sometimes I'll even pick things up I'm not interested in playing that I think I'd enjoy watching/listen to others run while I hang out on my laptop (most of our games are also hosted at my place). We have 4 semi-regular GMs, 1 of which is the only one who runs Starfinder, and a couple of other people who occasionally GM. Each semi-regular GM in our group also has at least one group of people they historically played with that they will occasionally play/GM with when they find themselves in the same area. I wouldn't feel comfortable getting one Ultimate Account to put all the content on and pass around to everyone, and because of the splinter groups they occasionally play with it wouldn't be feasible anyway. As a result, I've exposed the core group I play with to Fantasy Grounds Classic by grabbing an Ultimate license to expose them to the D&D 2E Tomb of Horros, and am urging them all to get the regular version of Fantasy Grounds Unity now that it's available to purchase. Classic alone has provided enough they want to switch from Tabletop Simulator and Roll20 for our occasional online escapades, so I have high hopes that if they can budget it they'll go for the base version of Unity and am considering buying the base version for a few people that are going to be financially down on their luck for a while due to unexpected medical issues. Also, do you remember that 1 GM I mentioned who exclusively handles Starfinder? I'm wanting to buy them the base version version of Fantasy Grounds Unity as well as the Starfinder Rule Set and a few core books to jump start their collection. I wanted to know how the discount for me having the PDFs would work for Starfinder Gifts so that I know how much content I can pick up within my budget to start their Fantasy Grounds collection. I'd also like to know how discounts for owning Classic work on purchases of the base version of Fantasy Ground Unity that are gifted to friends so I know how many other people I can budget copies for.

Thank you for any information you can provide about experiences/intended function regarding discounted gifts.

Blog Entries
    Pretty specific. I suspect you will have to email [email protected] to get an accurate answer (or have one of the SW employees answer here).

Without reading the long version, I would be a bit concerned personally about one person getting a discount because of products they own then passing that on to another person and that new person also getting a free version of the product that earned the first person the discount. I don't think you're trying to 'work around the system', but I think you can see the potential for abuse if such is possible.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information