5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: Same House hold

Same House hold

Quick back story: I have recently made the moved to hosting on-line games with my local group not going to say why but I'm sure you can guess. So as the DM I made the plunge into fantasy grounds and so far I really enjoy working with this platform. I was able to get everything working good on my host computer opened port 1802 and was able to get success on the tests. I also went I tested my connection with the can you see me website. I also have a son that will be joining me with the online games and I was hoping that he could use my laptop. So we decided to set it up last night and he was unable to connect to my campaign. I was logged in and the campaign was running. I decided to get one of my other players to test his connection and no issues he was able to log in and make his character. The laptop will be running wifi and the host computer will be hardwired into the router. I have not done any real looking into the situation yet but looking for any tips to get started.

Blog Entries
    A computer on the same network needs to use the internal IP address. You can not use the alias/etc.

Do please let us know if you are using FGC or FGU Beta, as they have different connection architecture.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for the response I'm using FGC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Opthsis View Post
    Thank you for the response I'm using FGC
    So with FGC anyone on the same network with you should be using the internal IP address (as shown on the FG launch screen) and not the External IP or the Alias. If that doesn't work, let us know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information