DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Yes lots of things have been said about FGU... it was meant to release before this month as well in the past.

Realistically the program isn't ready for release. If they release it in this state they will generate so much bad will from new customers (people not coming from FGC), 100% not worth it.
    Why? They said, last month (a little before lockdown but while Covid was still in effect globally) that they'd have to wait a month because they weren't ready BACK THEN. So why do you think they'd get bad will when everyone is gaming online and they were already late?
    If I have to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.

He's saying that a lot of Steam Purchasers are new to FG or VTTs in general. They will have high expectations the software at a minimum will:

1) Work with every FG DLC purchasable on Steam
    2) The networking will work right, in a timely manner and automatically
    3) All the features advertised will work

They aren't that far off - but in software development that last 10% of the project is where you find out which assumptions you made were wrong and what tasks you really have to do before you release that you didn't know about. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    He's saying that a lot of Steam Purchasers are new to FG or VTTs in general. They will have high expectations the software at a minimum will:

1) Work with every FG DLC purchasable on Steam
    2) The networking will work right, in a timely manner and automatically
    3) All the features advertised will work

They aren't that far off - but in software development that last 10% of the project is where you find out which assumptions you made were wrong and what tasks you really have to do before you release that you didn't know about. XD
    Right, I get that. But all we've seen is silence since their mention of the first quarter, it would be nice if they they communicated if they're still on track or if there's another possible delay.
    If I have to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgraten View Post
    Right, I get that. But all we've seen is silence since their mention of the first quarter, it would be nice if they they communicated if they're still on track or if there's another possible delay.
    Not sure if you have access to the beta forums or not, but if you do I think it would be clear there are still issues to iron out. It will get there, but I don't want them to hit a release date, I want a solid program releasing.

I wouldn't expect it to be in a polished state until maybe june at this rate. They may also be looking to bundle some of the ruleset changes into the release version of unity. I would, having a better UI and WAY better 5e character gen will make a big impression on new users coming through (and 5e is the vast majority of users)

I want it clear that I'm not looking for a rushed project either, they just haven't been heard from after saying to the public it would be this month. I have the beta demo, so probably I dont have access to the forums. Id love to have the beta but as we've all read, they havent brought it to steam yet. I do not want to miss the $60 savings I'd get for having Ultimate on Steam. If they must release a full product on Steam leaving supporters out of their sale, I'd be pretty upset, and as there's no communication on that front, here we are.

Blog Entries
    Everyone has access to the Playtest forums for FGU. It really is where any discussion related to FGU that you want the developers to be aware of should be posted. It's also the place to discuss general FGU stuff at this time as well. (Though obviously the Tavern is acceptable as well.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Everyone has access to the Playtest forums for FGU. It really is where any discussion related to FGU that you want the developers to be aware of should be posted. It's also the place to discuss general FGU stuff at this time as well. (Though obviously the Tavern is acceptable as well.)
    Oh cool! Alright, thanks for letting me know.

If there was a way for steam ultimate/standard users to upgrade through the website and completely forget about steam, I would instantly do it, but no news regarding this, even though they can check I own a steam license since I linked it to my account in here.... I don’t own other licenses through steam either, just the ultimate, no scenario or packs or what have you. It’s getting really frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by Forben View Post
    If there was a way for steam ultimate/standard users to upgrade through the website and completely forget about steam, I would instantly do it, but no news regarding this, even though they can check I own a steam license since I linked it to my account in here.... I don’t own other licenses through steam either, just the ultimate, no scenario or packs or what have you. It’s getting really frustrating...
    Completely agreed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forben View Post
    You can. But you won't get the 40% discount (or whatever it is), you'll only get the 10% discount.

If their were an easy/quick technical or legal way for SmiteWorks to do it (the Steam license check) I'm sure they would. But since they haven't then I'm sure it's one of those two reasons. Either they don't have a way to do so with a reasonable amount of resources, or their relationship with Steam would be in jeopardy. Right now SW is so over loaded with work on FGU and support requests as it stands they don't have time to take on another labor intensive task.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information