STAR TREK 2d20

FG 3.3.10 Starfinder Player Class Select Issue

Hi all,

My friend is hosting a starfinder session and I am connecting to the session using the 3.3.10 Free client. I have loaded the Starfinder Core Rulebook (Player) and attempt to select a class from ui. Upon clicking a class, I get an error console popup stating:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_class.lua"]:187 createChild: Invalid argument 1.

This is off a fresh install of the game client.

Please let me know if any other info is needed.

Additionally, I tried a 5e game and I was able to load the class without a console window popping up warning of errors. Looks like this may be Starfinder specific?

Cheers,
    Neb
    Last edited by nebulism; March 10th, 2020 at 05:38.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums. It might be ruleset specific, but its more likely the GM is probably running an extension in his Starfinder campaign that is causing the problem. Have them create a new Starfinder campaign with no extensions and see if the error persists.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You may want to attempt this workaround.

We'll try the extension free version again, but I believe we attempted to play without extensions and the error still persisted. I'll also check out the workaround as well, are there any additional ideas?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I think from the link stephan_ linked it appears that this is a bug that you will need to use the mentioned work around for until it can get fixed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the response guys, I'll keep track of that forum post and keep my eyes peeled for a patch.

Thread Information