Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    And again, the .Net engine used by Unity does not support Windows-1252 encoding. Therefore, all characters within 128-159 need to be remapped.

If we had time to fix; it will most likely have to be a forced remap in the loading procedure to convert XML files with 128-159 encoding to alternate characters. However, this will slow down the loading routines even more.

The best solution is to fix the data to be "correct". (i.e. FG supports ISO-8859-1 encoding, and characters 128-159 do not exist in ISO-8859-1 encoding.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    And just pushed updates to all Attack of the Swarm AP modules. They all needed some love.

JPG
    Thank you Moon Wizard!

I think the statement .NET engine used by Unity does not support Windows-1252 encoding is something that has been solved by many others out there already. I think the key is that characters 128-159 work in FGC and they do not in FGU. These are characters that I believe enhance the visual look of the text. But in the end it is up to you and as to what works for you.

On the other point. I was not really looking for a runtime mapping solution for this problem. I was looking more at a build time solution. My assumption is (maybe incorrectly) that when building modules for FG there are source files that are processed to build the underlying XML files that get built into modules. I was suggesting to leave the source files untouched and have the build process do the mapping and generating the sanitized XML. That way when a solution is available all that would need to change is a rebuild without the mapping and all the characters would then be available again.

My concern was that the source was being edited to remove the enhanced characters which would mean we basically loose them forever.

Is there a centralized thread for tracking module that need these characters corrected?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti View Post
    Is there a centralized thread for tracking module that need these characters corrected?
    No. It should be reported in the appropriate thread for the module with problems. Usually this is a Bug Report thread in the sub-forums for the rule system that module belongs to. If it's a DMsG module, then it needs to be reported to that author, either through Discord or the DMsG comments/discussion the module (unless their is another way to contact the author/developer).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information