5E Character Create Playlist
Page 12 of 93 First ... 210111213142262 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As you spotted the name of the module changed. So if the links were created a while ago before the module name changed then those links will be looking for a module that doesn't exist any more. If you reapply the links to point to the current module they'll work.
    That seemed to do it. Though, I can't say I understand why when the module still says "D&D" and not "DD". But I'll take it as is, I guess. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Souls View Post
    That seemed to do it. Though, I can't say I understand why when the module still says "D&D" and not "DD". But I'll take it as is, I guess. Thanks.
    The module I think was previously named DD Wayfinder's Guide, but it has changed at some point to D&D Wayfinder's Guide. This is the name of the module and not the display name which I believe was always D&D Wayfinder's Guide. The display name is cosmetic and doesn't affect anything but if the actual module name changes then it will break links.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The module I think was previously named DD Wayfinder's Guide, but it has changed at some point to D&D Wayfinder's Guide. This is the name of the module and not the display name which I believe was always D&D Wayfinder's Guide. The display name is cosmetic and doesn't affect anything but if the actual module name changes then it will break links.
    Ah, ok. That makes sense. Thank you.

When PC is dying, and enemy is attacking the PC with a melee weapon attack and hits, it should deal two failed death saves instead of one. When PC is dying she is unconscious, and the hit automatically scores critical hit dealing two failed death saves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadoWWW View Post
    When PC is dying, and enemy is attacking the PC with a melee weapon attack and hits, it should deal two failed death saves instead of one. When PC is dying she is unconscious, and the hit automatically scores critical hit dealing two failed death saves.
    That's not what the rules say... from the PHB > Damage and Healing section;
    Screen Shot 03-12-20 at 08.18 PM.PNG

Taking damage at 0 hp incurs one failed save. A critical hit is two failed saves.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This seems to be working correctly. I applied critical damage to Bob here and as you can see he's got two failed ticks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That's not what the rules say... from the PHB > Damage and Healing section;
    Screen Shot 03-12-20 at 08.18 PM.PNG

Taking damage at 0 hp incurs one failed save. A critical hit is two failed saves.
    Taking damage at 0 hp from Melee makes it an auto crit. I think it's under Unconscious condition

No, the Unconscious condition is very specific. "Any attack that hits the creature is a critical hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature." It doesnt say anything about 0 hp. FG applies the unconscious condition to creatures who go to 0 HP, but that does not mean that every attack against them is an auto-crit. The attacker must be within 5 feet (note it doesnt specify ranged vs melee attack). FG does not track distance, so it does not trigger an auto-crit.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Reading your post again the confusion may be that you are expecting FG to automate the critical damage. However FG does not track distance and so cannot know that the damage is being caused by a combatant who is within 5' and hits the unconscious target. If the hit is an actual critical hit (that is a natural 20 is rolled on the hit) then you can just deal damage as normal and it will add two failed saves. However if it is just an ordinary hit then when applying the damage you'll need to hold down the SHIFT key to turn that into critical damage for this purpose. (Which is what I did in the graphic I posted above).

Zacchaeus: Thank you for your answer. I thought when I attack with melee attack, FG calculates the crit automatically. Now I see I must hold down the shift key. No big deal. I have two more questions, if I may: 1) Is there similar key for disadvantage? 2) If my ally is dying, is there a procedure how I can make a Medicine check and automatically stabilize him if I succeed with result 10 or more?

Thread Information