STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningHill View Post
    He didn't want immersive but office-looking icons.

Kossan mu - if you don't distribute your mod then you can ignore the copyright.
    Okay, so the next question is then: Are themes automatically distributed to players when they play custom themed campaigns?
    ...and also: Is there an easy way to mod an extension without making a separate extention?

I'm not even sure how to make a theme show up in the theme select window, but I haven't begun to figure that out yet.

Yes, any themes used by the DM are automatically shared (they are extensions so extensions get shared). I don't code but it seems to me that you should be able to take any of the theme extensions that are available on the forums and replace the buttons with your own. You might not even need to change the name of the theme. However, having said that, it may not be as simple as replacing the graphics. But I'm sure that by a process of elimination and trial and error you'll figure it out.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Okay - I made some cuter, more stylish folder icons now. These actually look decent.
    At first I made outline only versions, to blend into the background automatically, but it turns out that the transparent parts couldn't be clicked in FG, and the shaded outline couldn't be manipulated fully in the graphics editor I was using.
    ...so instead I'm giving you versions that will fit nicely into the Simple Brown theme.

Also, maybe some mod could move this topic to either the Armory or The Workshop, now that it's full of created stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, any themes used by the DM are automatically shared (they are extensions so extensions get shared).
    ...and that might make my theme illegal if there isn't an expressed permission somewhere, and so I might not be able to modify the existing themes.

I'm talking about this quote:
    Additional Modifications © Copyright SmiteWorks 2018
    - Updated to v2.5 on 1/23 by Moon Wizard

© Copyright Todd Stern 2017 except where explicitly stated otherwise.
    Fantasy Grounds is Copyright © 2004-2017 SmiteWorks USA LLC.
    Copyright to other material within this Manuscript may be held by other Individuals and/or Entities.
    Nothing in or from this XML File in printed, electronic and/or any other form may be used, copied,
    transmitted or otherwise manipulated in ANY way without the explicit written consent of
    Todd Stern or, where applicable, any and all other Copyright holders.
    All rights reserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don't code but it seems to me that you should be able to take any of the theme extensions that are available on the forums and replace the buttons with your own. You might not even need to change the name of the theme. However, having said that, it may not be as simple as replacing the graphics. But I'm sure that by a process of elimination and trial and error you'll figure it out.
    No, it wasn't as simple as just replacing the graphics.
    I've added the following code to graphics/graphics_icons.xml:
    Code:
    	<!-- Token Bag -->
    	<icon name="tokenbag" file="graphics/icons/tokenbag.png" />
    	<icon name="tokenbagup" file="graphics/icons/tokenbag_up.png" />
    	<icon name="tokenbagtop" file="graphics/icons/tokenbag_top.png" />
    	<icon name="tokenbagshared" file="graphics/icons/tokenbag_shared.png" />
    ...but the Simple Brown theme still won't change the graphics. It's probably not referring to these names, and I don't know in what file that these refers happen, and my Windows can't search the interiors of files for keywords like "tokenbagshared", or this would be easy.

EDIT:
    No, wait. I got it working now. I forgot that the search paths are different in the theme. Still don't know if this is legal, but it works.
    Last edited by MooCow; December 19th, 2019 at 15:16.

Quote Originally Posted by MooCow View Post
    ...and my Windows can't search the interiors of files for keywords like "tokenbagshared", or this would be easy.
    Have a look at the info here for some pointers : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset It's geared towards modifying a ruleset, but the principals apply to extensions too. Especially point #2 of the "A few steps to do before getting started" list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In summary, this image is what my little alternations have come to (as underlined in green). Too bad I guess I can't share it with anyone. It's fairly easy to bake my icons into a theme on the user end, though, if that's allowed.

Too bad I guess I can't share it with anyone.
    You can make an extension that overrides another extension - give it a <loadorder> number higher than the extension you're overriding. If there's no <loadorder> in the original then it will default to 0.

Some info on the extension properties here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/properties.xcp

Then you can create an extension that only includes your own artwork.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I've discovered a problem, though: I want to mod one of the themes - the Simple Brown theme. Am I legally allowed to do that? ...considering there's some copyright statement saying that it requires an explicit permission statement.
    ...because otherwise I have to invent a whole new theme with hundreds of buttons, just to mod a few things.
    SmiteWorks policy is that you can modify their content for personal use all you want. And you can distribute your changes all you want as long as you make it freely available on the forums here and keep (and add to) the copyright statement.

A something like this;
    Screen Shot 12-19-19 at 10.18 AM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Note, I've never seen that Todd Stern copyright statement. That might just be unique to a theme you started with? (Wimple Brown?). That's not normally there.

Drop SW a note at [email protected] and ask. They might have restrictions on that specific theme itself (since I think they got it from a community dev...)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Note, I've never seen that Todd Stern copyright statement. That might just be unique to a theme you started with? (Wimple Brown?). That's not normally there.
    Drop SW a note at [email protected] and ask. They might have restrictions on that specific theme itself (since I think they got it from a community dev...)
    It's okay. First off, I read the whole statment, and it says this toward the end (completely contradicting the first part):
    "If you wish to use this as the basis of your own theme, all I ask is that you make it available free of charge (Pay What You Want is acceptable)."
    ...and second off, I made my own little extension addon from scratch now. I'll upload it in a new thread (so that people can find it more easily, because I can't change the title of the topic) shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    SmiteWorks policy is that you can modify their content for personal use all you want. And you can distribute your changes all you want as long as you make it freely available on the forums here and keep (and add to) the copyright statement.
    A something like this;
    Screen Shot 12-19-19 at 10.18 AM.PNG
    I don't get why everyone must have a copyright. I didn't get paid for my so called "work", and I'm just glad if people implement my stuff in their stuff, because that means that they like me. ...but fine - I'll include a copyright then.

Thread Information