DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Character building

build a level 3 fighter. battle master.
    you get to choose 3 maneuvers.

is there a way, to drag the maneuvers of choice, to the character sheet so they are clickable from the sheet, so a person could click read about what they are and what they do if they forget or didn't memorize the skill?

all that i am aware of is you can simply type out the name of the maneuvers and you would have to look them up each time you needed to remember.

also, and i may be a little on the slow end here i am aware, when i do, do a search for something, such as. i click on my shortcut in the hot bar for the players handbook reference manual, then type in trip attack. I am looking for specifically what trip attack is and how it works. i get a list that gives me classes elf, bard and so on. 10 different classes. i also get a link to armor and shields , multiclassing, feats and finally casting a spell.
    if i didnt know it had to do with a fighter. i would have to read all of that to find it. even if i do know it has to do with a fighter, i have to read alot of stuff that does not pertain to the trip attack maneuver before i ever get to it. am i using the seach function wrong or do you have a helpful tip to let me search better.

or is this working as intended.

thanks for this as well.

another question.

i can pick a tool profession. say smiths tools. is there a way to drag the link of smith tools to the character sheet instead of type in smith tools. so it could be clicked and read as well rather than looked up .

" i do see where i can drag the smith tools to the inventory with the link. i was just wanting to put it on the abilities page.
    thanks
    Last edited by Kordin; December 15th, 2019 at 01:30.

Blog Entries
    search was changed in the last build so not sure if this works this way or not, but, if you search for a specific phrase, have you tried quotes? i.e.
    "trip attack"
    rather than
    trip attack

since 3.3.9 now allows for multi word search the second option will, i think, search for any page that contains the two words regardless of where on the pgae they are.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Click the shortcut to open the reference manual
    Click the D&D Player's Handbook entry that comes up
    You should see the chapter listings in descending order
    Enter your search

If it gets goofed up, close the whole window and re-click your shortcut. It's a little funky at times but so long as you remember to click the D&D Player's Handbook (or whatever the entry the reference manual brings up first) it generally works.

that does not work. the search works, but when it brings up the list of places that it could be.. such as fighter, wizard or what ever. when you click on fighter, it takes you to the very top of the fighter page. or wizard if you click wizard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kordin View Post
    that does not work. the search works, but when it brings up the list of places that it could be.. such as fighter, wizard or what ever. when you click on fighter, it takes you to the very top of the fighter page. or wizard if you click wizard.
    Yes. The search links only to the object not to the terms.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    since 3.3.9 now allows for multi word search the second option will, i think, search for any page that contains the two words regardless of where on the pgae they are.
    That hasn't been implemented in FG Classic.

When Doug mentioned it in a forum reply he said the recent search change (having to press return) "opens up the door to do other cool things with search", he didn't say this was in v3.3.9. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post463136 And even in that post he didn't mention searching in pages - only the record name.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

For your first question - no you can't drag and drop individual manoeuvres into the character. However you will be wanting to set up an action group for this so that you can track the number of superiority dice and of course add the relevant effects for each manoeuvre. So, open the Combat Superiority ability in the abilities tab and then switch to the actions tab and drag and drop the feature into the action. This creates the link that you desire so that the player can read about the Combat superiority ability and the individual manoeuvres. You can now go ahead and set up the power group with the correct saving throw DC and number of uses as well as add effects for the chosen manoeuvres. See the attached graphic.

Smith's tools are an item which you will find in the items tab; and so they can be dragged into the inventory just like any other item. I suspect, however, that you are talking about setting up the skill and you can't drag tools into the skills tab. To create smith's tools in the skill tab you'll need to manually add an entry.

As for the search it is fairly basic. You might find the Index on the (last thing in the PHB list of contents) useful. Drag it to a quickbar slot. It contains links to many rules which are commonly needed to be accessed during play - although trip attack isn't one of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That hasn't been implemented in FG Classic.

When Doug mentioned it in a forum reply he said the recent search change (having to press return) "opens up the door to do other cool things with search", he didn't say this was in v3.3.9. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post463136 And even in that post he didn't mention searching in pages - only the record name.
    Thanks for clarifying!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information