5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Map UI Questions/Requests

Global "Closed" button - Can DM's get an option to close all of the doors, secret doors and terrain areas on a map with one click? I'm not sure if the objects automatically revert to closed at any point - new campaign or something. I just

Key Stroke movement definitions for diagonal and half square movement - In a couple of Doug's videos he mentions he likes using the arrow keys to move the player PC around the map and I like that too. Maps that have cavern areas tend not to be square and moving diagonal or even "between" squares to maneuver between narrow twisty pathways would be better if there was a key combo to do that. I just finished a large cavern style map and during testing, the character token could only get through by picking up the token and moving it half a square or diagonally to resume with the arrow keys.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GarthGiantbane View Post
    Key Stroke movement definitions for diagonal and half square movement - In a couple of Doug's videos he mentions he likes using the arrow keys to move the player PC around the map and I like that too. Maps that have cavern areas tend not to be square and moving diagonal or even "between" squares to maneuver between narrow twisty pathways would be better if there was a key combo to do that. I just finished a large cavern style map and during testing, the character token could only get through by picking up the token and moving it half a square or diagonally to resume with the arrow keys.
    Use the numpad on your keyboard. Numbers 1,3, 7 and 9 move tokens diagonally. Turn off numlock first.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the info - I didn't know that!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Use the numpad on your keyboard. Numbers 1,3, 7 and 9 move tokens diagonally. Turn off numlock first.
    Some of us don't have number pads

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for checking in. I've added a feature request for global close, lock and unlock on door LOS blockers. It's something we've thought about, but we'll probably look at after launch. it's one of the reasons why doors and terrain are defined separately, because we envisioned that there might be features that would only apply to one or the other, even though they behave similarly now.

Regards,
    JPG

USB connected number pads can be had for less than $10 on Amazon, if diagonal movement is big deal for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Some of us don't have number pads
    I also noticed that the Home, Page UP, End, and Page Down keys move diagonally.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    USB connected number pads can be had for less than $10 on Amazon, if diagonal movement is big deal for you.
    Nah, just thought I would whine
    Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I also noticed that the Home, Page UP, End, and Page Down keys move diagonally.
    Awesome, good to know, Thanks again Matt!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information