FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Duplicate post
    Last edited by Callum; November 13th, 2019 at 14:34. Reason: Duplicate post

Blog Entries
    Is your laptop going into swap/virtual memory?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

What are the hardware specs of your laptop?

What resources (CPU and Memory) is the player instance of FG using during this time?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What are the hardware specs of your laptop?
    Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40GHz; 8 GB RAM

What resources (CPU and Memory) is the player instance of FG using during this time?
    It fluctuates between just under 20% and just over 40% of CPU at the beginning, then settles down to around 15%; memory usage holds steady at just over 200 MB to start off with, then slowly ramps up to just under 400 MB.

Blog Entries
    I'm reaching here, is your laptop hard drive almost full?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm reaching here, is your laptop hard drive almost full?
    No, it's more empty than full!

Just as a test - can you try connecting to your desktop system (running as GM) from the laptop (running as player) - use the local connection, not cloud. Assuming you can put them on the same network.
    Does it take the same amount of time, or less, or more?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just as a test - can you try connecting to your desktop system (running as GM) from the laptop (running as player) - use the local connection, not cloud. Assuming you can put them on the same network.
    Does putting them on the same network involve more than just connecting them both wirelessly to my modem/router?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Does putting them on the same network involve more than just connecting them both wirelessly to my modem/router?
    Nope.

Hmm...okay, the laptop doesn't appear to be seeing the campaign hosted on the desktop. Do I need to open port 1802 for FGU separately from FGC?

Thread Information