STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

NVIDIA GTX 1070 Performance and FGU - Maxed out memory and clock speed

I mean, the weather effects are nice and all, but this is a little extreme, no?

1070Performance.PNG
    1070AB.PNG

So, by the book:

Can I reproduce it? Yes, by running the program.

Happens in 5e, which is all I've used so far.

There are no enabled community extensions.

[email protected]/4.2
    32G DDR4 2400
    GTX 1070 x 2
    Win10 Home

Blog Entries
    Known Item. Performance and memory usage is a current high priority item for resolution. You can find discussions in some of the loading threads

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Known Item. Performance and memory usage is a current high priority item for resolution. You can find discussions in some of the loading threads
    I beg to differ. There are no other threads addressing GPU performance with FGU that I could find. This is not about FGU sucking down system memory when loading modules.

FGU causes my graphics card to run at maximum clock speeds, and uses all 8G of video RAM in addition to the system RAM being discussed in the loading threads. This occurs independently of loading modules in FGU.

By way of comparison, running something like The Witcher 3 at 1440p with high quality presets at 60fps doesn’t push my cards’ performance nearly as high as FGU does.
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; October 31st, 2019 at 10:37.

I have to second this. My GPU (Nvidia GTX 970) Goes to 90-100% usage as soon as i open a map/image in FGU. As long as no image is opened all is fine, useage then is around 30%. But as soon as i open a map/image, GPU usage goes to 90-100%. I think that is a bit over the top for just an image/map. Many of my AAA games is nowhere close to hammer my card this hard.

I know this is beta, and optimization is an ongoing thing, so i just put this up here for informational purposes.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

Quote Originally Posted by Allmight View Post
    I have to second this. My GPU (Nvidia GTX 970) Goes to 90-100% usage as soon as i open a map/image in FGU. As long as no image is opened all is fine, useage then is around 30%. But as soon as i open a map/image, GPU usage goes to 90-100%. I think that is a bit over the top for just an image/map. Many of my AAA games is nowhere close to hammer my card this hard.

I know this is beta, and optimization is an ongoing thing, so i just put this up here for informational purposes.
    I haven't needed to open a map - as soon as the GUI opens, the card ramps up to max mem usage and max clock speed. It actually exceeds the normal boost clock, and ramps up the temps on my card to 53C. The problem occurs without loading a single module from the library.

I'm in the same boat as well. Just opening an image and playing around with things like pins in that image will max out my GTX 1070. I've seen several posts that say optimization is a current dev priority, so good news there!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides Ghola View Post
    I beg to differ. There are no other threads addressing GPU performance with FGU that I could find. This is not about FGU sucking down system memory when loading modules.
    Ok, I would think they are related, but will let the devs address that.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm running i7 6700 3.4GHz, 16GB and a GTX 1070
    New campaign, PHB, DMG, MM and an imported map,applied Los layer and snow effect.
    Walked around open/closed doors, opened several images from MM and DMG without closing anything.

Never saw my GPU memory usage go above 38%

Sorry, I Know that doesn't help you but not seeing the problem here.

I haven't checked but my GTX970 seems tu run it fine (it only takes a lot of time to load). Are V-sync off by defaut at your machine in Nvidia control panel?
    It could be any of the settings there.

Thanks for reporting. For those that are seeing high GPU utilitization, is this only with the base program open, or once you start opening images and/or using certain features?

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information