5E Character Create Playlist

[QUESTION] What to report?

Sorry for a dumb question, but could not see any info about it, so here goes.

Should we report bugs only specific to FGU, or should we also report bugs in rulesets and other modules that only show up under FGU?

Don't want to spam this forum with bug reports you currently don't want.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

Not dumb at all, what a 'beta' is nowadays is not as clear as it used to be. Right now the focus is on base FGU functionality. This beta is just out of alpha so foundational issues and updater stress testing is paramount.

Also remember to access the log when you think something might be going wrong during updates. Scroll all the way down to access the latest information, and re-open the log to get new information as it does not auto-update.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; October 29th, 2019 at 15:56.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Not dumb at all, what a 'beta' is nowadays is not as clear as it used to be. Right now the focus is on base FGU functionality. This beta is just out of alpha so foundational issues and updater stress testing is paramount.
    Okay, thats good to know. Even though the focus is on FGU atm, it can't hurt to report ruleset bugs, since rulesets are an integral part of FGU. I will however refrain from reporting bugs in other modules for the time being.
    [FGU BACKER]

Quote Originally Posted by Allmight View Post
    Okay, thats good to know. Even though the focus is on FGU atm, it can't hurt to report ruleset bugs, since rulesets are an integral part of FGU. I will however refrain from reporting bugs in other modules for the time being.
    Just to clarify, if the module is currently included in the test (i.e. it came with the base FGU beta test and not user added) then it is part of the test. Failure to load that module or errors with FGU not handling that module correctly are within the scope of this stage of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Just to clarify, if the module is currently included in the test (i.e. it came with the base FGU beta test and not user added) then it is part of the test. Failure to load that module or errors with FGU not handling that module correctly are within the scope of this stage of testing.
    Ah, that clarifies it. Thank you
    [FGU BACKER]

Blog Entries
    Good question and thanks for the detailed answers!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information