5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyksandrei View Post
    Won't install - gives an "unknown error". An additional solution may be required.
    I'm not sure what you are referring to. Assuming FGU application, we will need more information. An incorrect link was sent very early on, please make sure you are using the correct link to the installer;
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.exe

If that's not the problem, the KS update has some information about installer issues, please check those; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2668076

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm not sure what you are referring to. Assuming FGU application, we will need more information. An incorrect link was sent very early on, please make sure you are using the correct link to the installer;
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...WebInstall.exe

If that's not the problem, the KS update has some information about installer issues, please check those; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2668076
    sorry, I meant the "fix" of installing the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 a 2019" MarianDZ claims in post #44 will fix the issue. I can't install the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 a 2019"; therefore it isn't necessarily the best solution. It might be the only thing that works, but I'd prefer it if a different solution were still investigated.
    Last edited by Alyksandrei; November 1st, 2019 at 08:18. Reason: clarity

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naroe View Post
    I can host game, but am unable to join the game using the same pc or a secondary laptop. It says check network settings. I loaded up FGII and have no problems hosting and joining my own session.
    I disabled virus protection, no difference
    I am trying stock standard unity as is and the 5e test campaign

Any suggestions
    My ideas,
    - For second instance you need to have 2nd FGU license, with same key it won't work (I think two licenses with same key not working = stealing prevention)
    - But if you have second FGU license or another player with his PC then it should work (I not tested it because actually haven't second license for testing purposes)
    - Finally if you have two different licenses in your network only problem could be with Firewall. After installing FGU at first run software ask you for permition which allows
    program comunicate over "private" and "public" but in most cases checked is only one of them!
    In case you are on one type (for example "private") of network type, than your second PC (for example second PC has selected "public" network profile) and you not allows software comunicate in public network, than you need allows it in firewall rules.

Software ask you for permition go through your firewall
    Firewall allows software communicate over network.png

How to Check your firewall?
    - left down corner click on magnifying glass icon search for "control panel"
    - then switch view into "Large icon" (upper right corner of Control Panel window) choose "Windows Defender Firewall" (at the end Firewall)
    - in Windows Defender Firewall click on "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall" from left side panel

2. Firewall allow an app or feature go pasthrough.png

- on new oppened window search for "fantasygrounds" if you have installed FGC and FGU than you will see two of them ;o)
    see if you have checked for both network types allow checkbox.

3. Firewall choosing allowed networks.png

Try reboot your main computer on which will be server

hope this could helps you ;o)

Blog Entries
    Hi "Alyksandrei"
    my solution is for new/fresh installed computers on which is this component missing. This is standard software provided by Microsoft for his Microsoft OS extends functionality, and functionality was tested on errors, aftewards was allowed for distribution. I think if your computer gives you some errors with installation of this component than isn't something correct with your system, maybe something is missing or something preventing you do standard operation as instaling into developers software another him producted software is.
    Now you have two options reinstaling your computer or try find what is wrong with your system/registry. I can't help you in this because for my tests I need to have your computer, this is non-standard situation.

And maybe you ask why my solution worked others? Thats because they have computer in state as I has, not corrupted, damaged, modified or anyway by software changed their setup.

Why must be this "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 a 2019" component installed?
    Simply because is needed for correct function of software in enviroments in which was programed and tested. And new Unity enviroment seems uses Visual studio.
    Thats reason why this component must be installed, from my noted link or by installation from another software.

If you for example install your new printer than besides printer drivers install in your OS NET framework as condition in which software runs. And without this NET framework software your printer will not run and print pages! From this same reasons developers add in their installation package all other needed software. Only pure driver will not work. Now back to my example if you have installed printer into your computer month or maybe year back. Than you inside your computer actually have NET framework enviroment installed, not need it do again. And thats reason why other players here don't needed install Visual Studio again. Their game works because another program (understand software) add this software in their OS. Problem which I was solved was touched only new installed machines on which isn't present but is important for enviroment (needed). SmiteWorks don't know who has which kind of software installed on machine but need to do one, and Im sure they do. Add installation of this Visual Studio package into their FGU installation package because is needed for proper function. Not rely on another software developers that users has this mandatory condition for enviroment actually installed by them!

As you see now I solved another kind of problems than you have. Hope you understand me now, I can recommend you do clean installation, then install Visual studio then your FGU will works Im sure.
    Last edited by MarianDz; November 1st, 2019 at 10:04.

I have tried to open the sample 5E campaign in FGU. I always get this error and then the program freezes.

[11/1/2019 10:55:28 AM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [11/1/2019 10:55:51 AM] [NOTICE] Daily session backup created.
    [11/1/2019 10:55:51 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Database restore point found. Saved as new backup file (C:/Users/anglo/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/5E Sample Campaign/db.backup.637082025513926858.xml)
    [11/1/2019 10:55:51 AM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
    [11/1/2019 10:55:52 AM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.

When I try to start a new campaign in 5E, the program just freezes.

Blog Entries
    Please, "Angloson" is it new state?
    Was FGU working on your machine or is it from begining after runing FGUWeb installer and you never accessing FGU desktop?
    Last edited by MarianDz; November 1st, 2019 at 12:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MarianDz View Post
    Please, "Angloson" is it new state?
    Was FGU working on your machine or is it from begining after runing FGUWeb installer and you never accessing FGU desktop?
    I installed it and this error has always popped up. I have never been able to see past the main menu.

Blog Entries
    do you have installed FGC on same PC? Together FGC + FGU?
    FGC = Fantasy Grounds Classic

Im asking because don't know if both don't used same Roaming catalog?
    C:/Users/anglo/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/

I am still getting the same error - even after the recent update:

[11/1/2019 8:05:29 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [11/1/2019 8:07:59 PM] [NOTICE] Requesting cloud server.
    [11/1/2019 8:08:06 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
    [11/1/2019 8:08:06 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
    [11/1/2019 8:08:07 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
    [11/1/2019 8:08:07 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] ONLOAD: System.DllNotFoundException: lua5.1
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) KeraLua51.NativeMethods.luaL_newstate()
    at KeraLua51.Lua..ctor (System.Boolean openLibs) [0x00011] in <84533177aea847f4a5bd79bb751de036>:0
    at FNJOHKBIFMM.DODBBOBAHPM () [0x00000] in <ff305ef3cd8e4bc1a966a1473fadbc9e>:0
    at ODMDOPBNBGF.FMHLDHBFAGD () [0x00000] in <ff305ef3cd8e4bc1a966a1473fadbc9e>:0
    at ODMDOPBNBGF.EEHJFMCHJMJ () [0x00000] in <ff305ef3cd8e4bc1a966a1473fadbc9e>:0
    at FG.FGDesktop.CHHLBFGLIBL () [0x00027] in <ff305ef3cd8e4bc1a966a1473fadbc9e>:0
    [11/1/2019 8:08:07 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene exiting.
    [11/1/2019 8:08:07 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
    [11/1/2019 8:08:07 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Lost connection to game server instance. Please return to launcher, and start game again.
    I checked and the lua file is there. What should I do?

Blog Entries
    Hi Hussar try to instal Visual Studio see my post #44
    vc_redist.x86.exe or vc_redist.x64.exe depends on version of your Windows
    Last edited by MarianDz; November 1st, 2019 at 12:18.

Thread Information