FG Spreadshirt Swag

Weapon Traits for Characters or Creatures

A creature like a Zelekhut has a chain weapon that does 2d10+6 slashing plus 2d6 electricity plus 1d6 lawful damage.

If the creature listed above is attacking a character that is Lawful Something will they take the Lawful Trait damage? I know that by the rules they would not. I do know you can put in an alignment but I don't think it does anything.

One test I did was to apply "IMMUNE: Lawful" effect to the character but he still takes the full damage when it is rolled after he gets hit.

Another test I did was to give a characters weapon the lawful trait and give the creature the same "IMMUNE: Lawful" effect. The creature did not take any damage when the damage was rolled after a hit.

There seems to be some inconsistency in how this is working unless I am doing something wrong. If this is working as designed, why does it only work one way and not the other?

This kind of goes back to a previous post I made about immunities & resistances (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tings-for-PF2e) and which ones actually get processed by FGU. That is really what I was after in that post but did not articulate it very well.

Alignment damage should apply correctly if the alignment damage type is on the damage entry and the target has their alignment correctly entered - in the traits section for a creature or in the Notes tab for the PC. This is all handled within the code without any Immune effects on the CT or traits on the weapon.

Please check again that the target has their alignment entered and that the weapon uses the relevant alignment as a damage type, not as a weapon trait. If it still doesn’t work, then please provide screenshots of the issue. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I can confirm that the abbreviated alignment (LG) or the fully spelled out alignment (Lawful Good) worked on the character sheet. The abbreviated alignment was already working on the creature entry.

If you are ever back in Denver, I owe you a beer.

Thread Information