DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Paizo Sync?

Paizo Sync?

One last question to understand.

IF I buy the product here at full price, it appears I can get the PDF on Paizo for free.
    What if I buy the PDF on Paizo? It says I'll get a discount here, but no place seems to honestly say what that discount is.

Won't lie, looking to see which direction is the best for my Paizo+FG connection.

I really don't need paper books, but I'm gun shy on ordering the full Starfinder Rulebook here, unless I know for certain this will be our game platform going forward.

And again, I'm a bit gun shy because I already purchased a bundle pack elsewhere for $44 that got me core, pact, alien... and now I'm thinking of departing that system.

It doesn't matter. It should Cost exactly the same either way.

Blog Entries
    If you buy the pdf from Paizo, then that is the price reduction you get on the FG side.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can anyone help with how this works with Steam purchases? Also, I've found a lot of references about this for pathfinder, is it the same with starfinder?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calexus View Post
    Can anyone help with how this works with Steam purchases? Also, I've found a lot of references about this for pathfinder, is it the same with starfinder?
    I don't think it does. Because if you got the US price reduction from the PDF, with Steam's regional pricing it could mean you get FG versions for (nearly) free.

But, I'm not sure, why not just link your Paizo and Steam accounts and try?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The discount works for Pathfinder (1 and 2) and Starfinder. The exception is PFS and SFS scenarios.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If I understand correctly then I will not get a discount on Steam when I already own the corresponding Paizo PDF?! But when I buy on Steam first and then synchronize both with FG then I may or may not get a discount on the PDF price?!

Blog Entries
    That is correct. You won't get any discount because Steam has no way to discount a price prior to purchase. Instead, you can buy it at full price through Steam, sync your account and then it will add the PDF to your account at Paizo.com if you don't already have it there.

It looks like the new Starfinder AP (Chimera Mystery) doesn't take the full PDF price into account, but rather the discounted one. Isn't the shop supposed to reduce by the "list" PDF price?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by new_vision View Post
    It looks like the new Starfinder AP (Chimera Mystery) doesn't take the full PDF price into account, but rather the discounted one. Isn't the shop supposed to reduce by the "list" PDF price?
    Yes, it should. I have corrected it. Sorry for the mistake.

Thread Information