5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Running Card or Table Games for Players

Looking for a quick way to simulate gambling or game playing in FG. I know some games can be played out, but I think something that resolves in less than 2min wont bog down the game. Using Savage Worlds so those cards are already there. Have my own idea, but wondering if anyone else does this for thier games.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Blog Entries
    Over the years I've seen various ways to simulate such, but I can't refer you to any. Would be nice to have a module of such games though

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Hello - I will look at creating something for this. I've designed a fairly complicated blackjack type game which uses coins, player tokens, dice and so on to simulate gambling - but I will think about putting together a few imaginary gambling games using cards, dice and so on.
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

You might want to check out Vassal.
    https://www.vassalengine.org/

It might not be what you're looking for, since it's outside of FG and one more completely separate software tool to learn and use. But it's free and designed for card and board game play across the net, and has gads of modules available for various games, including of course generic playing cards.

Blog Entries
    I think the idea here is not to actually play card or hoard games, but to emulate them for a roll playing experience. I.e. the party is in a tavern and is challenged to a drinking contest. Or a dart game, or a game of dragon chess etc

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello - just a follow-up, I am currently creating a Gambling Game and Tarot Reading Module, it will include quickfire versions of the games that simlulate randomized but controllable, outcomes from playing them, without playing them. Games are taken from my world Geas - but suited to DND and other fantasy RPGs.

OK - great idea and a lot of fun working on it - to answer the call, I have put all of the graphics together - I am just working on the tables and technical side but this will allow you to play a large variety of unique gambling games, either in real-time or simulated outcomes and results as if you -had- played them as well. I have created a 52 playing card set with new heraldic pips and used the tarot set from my Geas game. Here's a screenshot and a pic of one of the cards in the tarot (technically an oracle as it has 32 major arcana).

pagespread.jpg

Draconis Ocularis - DIVINITY.jpg

Blog Entries
    Looks like a lot of fun!

I want this please make it mine now! I have a Tavern FULL of Bored Drunks! There passing out quick!

Thread Information