FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 87 of 100 First ... 3777858687888997 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Oh, I am sorry, I totally forgot to answer you! I read it and wanted to answer later, but I forgot to mark your post as unread again so that I totally forgot it

A minimum number does not exist yet, but I can certainly add that; the maximum number comes from a community member and they also provided the code for the minimum number I just didn't add that because I would need to figure out some compatibility stuff (though I do not totally remember what my problem was); back then I thought I may not need a minimum number because usually the level configuration is of such a form that it automatically already provides the minimum number, that is, when does a PC get the divine Favor spell? If it is at level 3, then you would not need the minimum number, right? (since your existing effect would already give the correct result from level 3 on) The minimum of an effect number is only needed if the smallest level a PC can get the spell is lower than some threshold specific to the spell's description
    Yes, although negative levels exist too and could probably reduce that below the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Yes, although negative levels exist too and could probably reduce that below the minimum.
    Ah, I see, good point, I will check that mechanism again

Oh, I am sorry, I totally forgot to answer you! I read it and wanted to answer later, but I forgot to mark your post as unread again so that I totally forgot it

A minimum number does not exist yet, but I can certainly add that; the maximum number comes from a community member and they also provided the code for the minimum number I just didn't add that because I would need to figure out some compatibility stuff (though I do not totally remember what my problem was); back then I thought I may not need a minimum number because usually the level configuration is of such a form that it automatically already provides the minimum number, that is, when does a PC get the divine Favor spell? If it is at level 3, then you would not need the minimum number, right? (since your existing effect would already give the correct result from level 3 on) The minimum of an effect number is only needed if the smallest level a PC can get the spell is lower than some threshold specific to the spell's description
    Your statements are all correct.

Divine Favor is a 1st level spell so can be gained at 1st level. Which is where the issue arises. At 1st and 2nd level it returns nothing. At 3rd level and above it returns the correct result.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Your statements are all correct.

Divine Favor is a 1st level spell so can be gained at 1st level. Which is where the issue arises. At 1st and 2nd level it returns nothing. At 3rd level and above it returns the correct result.
    Ah, I see, thanks a lot Yeah, by your and Bmos's answer I should really add the minimum stuff

ok, Looking for 2 answers. lol. if anyone has time. I am posting here as I am thinking this is where to start. the 2nd question might need to go to a Bmos extension but not sure.

1) is there a way to apply to a target the loss of ONLY their Dex bonus to AC? I am trying to set up Feint and Flatfooted does Dex and Dodge... I found the nodex but that's not it I believe. basically on a successful Bluff check, I want to create an action button that will remove any beneficial AC bonus due to Dex for 1 attack.

2) Is there a way to have an effect on a character that is only in effect during that characters action only. 2 weapon fighting attack negative does not effect an attack of opportunity the character uses, so I would like the -2 attack penalty (or whatever it may be) only applied during that players attack action off when not their "turn" on the combat tracker.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Is there a way to have an effect on a character that is only in effect during that characters action only. 2 weapon fighting attack negative does not effect an attack of opportunity the character uses, so I would like the -2 attack penalty (or whatever it may be) only applied during that players attack action off when not their "turn" on the combat tracker.
    FG doesn't track the PF action economy. There is an expiration feature for effects that expires it after a single action, but this term "action" is not necessarily equivalent to PF's idea of an action.

Ok so that will need to be a “light switch” effect. For me i would do ATK:-2 as always on for a mainly 2 weapon fighter. Then have a REMOVE:ATK:-2 for things like AoO or other spots.

Thx. There are so many options for when the effect turns on off removes… I was confused
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    ok, Looking for 2 answers. lol. if anyone has time. I am posting here as I am thinking this is where to start. the 2nd question might need to go to a Bmos extension but not sure.

1) is there a way to apply to a target the loss of ONLY their Dex bonus to AC? I am trying to set up Feint and Flatfooted does Dex and Dodge... I found the nodex but that's not it I believe. basically on a successful Bluff check, I want to create an action button that will remove any beneficial AC bonus due to Dex for 1 attack.

2) Is there a way to have an effect on a character that is only in effect during that characters action only. 2 weapon fighting attack negative does not effect an attack of opportunity the character uses, so I would like the -2 attack penalty (or whatever it may be) only applied during that players attack action off when not their "turn" on the combat tracker.
    Oh, wow, I didn't about this in 2) about 2 Weapon fighting But I personally would keep the bonus for attacks, as a homebrew adjustment. One could that in the code I think, there is already a conditional for AoO (applying a bonus just for AoO), I could code one for the opposite version basically

About 1): Oki, just Dex is not possible, but is also possible to add in the extension if needed (Though also here one could question the logic why Dex is negated but not dodge )

@all: Next Tuesday is a bigger FGU patch again, my extensions probably need an update, but I am drowning in work right now. On 4 September I have an important talk to give about my newest research and so I am finishing as much as possible of my research. Until then I am not able to look at FG and the extensions Thus, after the next update my extensions may break for a while

Oh, wow, I didn't about this in 2) about 2 Weapon fighting But I personally would keep the bonus for attacks, as a homebrew adjustment. One could that in the code I think, there is already a conditional for AoO (applying a bonus just for AoO), I could code one for the opposite version basically

About 1): Oki, just Dex is not possible, but is also possible to add in the extension if needed (Though also here one could question the logic why Dex is negated but not dodge )
    I would agree that both these PF rules are not what I would use at my table.

ATK negative from start of turn 1 until start of turn 2 makes sense and is cleaner.

Using Flatfooted (a set rule that is used all over PF) over a unique rule that adds little to nothing and must be calculated on every new target seems way better as it is otherwise work intensive for no real benefit. I would allow 1 feint attempt per turn and use FF or I would say use feint on any attack, but IF you fail the attempt, you can no longer attempt for rest of round and your attacks are all -1 or 2 for the remaining attacks this round. Feint is already a PitA as the DC must be manually calculated per target by the DM and the player can't roll Skill checks directly from the Actions tab.

Unfortunately, since I am making a mod, I have to stick to the RAW rules. I can deal with the 2 weapon fighting, the player just turns it on/off as needed, just like TTrpg. Unfortunately, the Feint issue means the DM must look up the target's DEX bonus and then tell the player and the player then adjusts his attack, what a PitA. My goal is to never bug the DM for this type of thing. FGU should be able to return that info automatically and also be able to use the info in its computations IMO.

SO, if you choose to tackle either of these, a way to effect target ability data would be great. or a way of essentially doing Flatfooted that only drops DEX would be great.

Thread Information