DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

Sort of memory leak and other things

Hi

Did some more testing and found the following:
    1. While accepting the licensing agreement I can remember that some words were cut off by the window (to the right).
    2. When adding a Myst layer one gets some sort of flickering while moving around the map
    3. After enabling the global mask for FoW the fill rectangle function is inverted, i.e. it works like the Remove Rectangle function. As long as there is at least a place with cleared FoW the Fill Rectangle function works
    4. By pressing both mouse buttons to make and delete a pointer I realized that one sometimes get the circle menu of clicking the right mouse button. In FGC this is not happening when the left mouse button is pressed at the same time.
    5. I had several layers while the LoS layer was at the bottom (at least not at the top). When I changed something in the LoS walls etc. and then pressed CTRL + Z to redo something, the LoS layer moved to the top, resulting into that an active FX layer were suddenly in the background
    6. There is some sort of memory leak while FGU is active. Seems to be produced by several actions, especially when one is editing the LoS layer and zooming in and out very often and fast. While doing this I observed that the RAM usage increases very very fast. Doing that for ~5 seconds results into an increase of 1-2 GB Ram. But the Ram is released very very slowly such that the usage stays a long time that high. (Right at the moment my RAM usage is at 22 GB, just for FGU and while I used and edited the LoS Layer of the Cragmaw Castle of LMoP ) But the 64 bit seems to work But then exiting FGU takes a really long time
    7. Sometimes I can not really touch the layers to change the order. The layers seem not to answer always
    8. Can one erase the LoS walls etc. somehow? At the moment I click the nodes and press delete, but that seems a bit tedious for big walls EDIT: Okay, I just realized that one can select multiple nodes. Resolved
    9. Is there a way to exit the launcher while in full window mode (except ALT+F4 etc., there is seemingly no exit button anymore or I do not see it)
    10. also the grid flickers a bit while moving around the map

Sorry for these many things But I write it better down now before I forgot everything again

Kelrugem

EDIT: I love the weather effects and how LoS works
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 16th, 2019 at 04:43.

It's hard to keep up with you, Kelrugem.

Global Mask Behavior
    Last time I checked, this was working as expected. When enabling the global mask, it covers the entire map by default. Then, you "cut out" areas you want to allow players to see.
    If this is not working as expected, then I'll need to review and file a new task.

Others
    The following tasks have been added:
    FGU-348 = EULA cut off on launch screen
    FGU-349 = Flickering while active FX layer
    FGU-350 = Radial menu appears while trying to draw quick pointer
    FGU-351 = Layer position in layer list changes incorrectly when performing undo/redo
    FGU-352 = Memory leak on image interaction
    FGU-353 = Layer list interaction is not consistent
    FGU-354 = Unable to exit launcher when maximized
    FGU-355 = Grid flicker when panning map

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's hard to keep up with you, Kelrugem.

Global Mask Behavior
    Last time I checked, this was working as expected. When enabling the global mask, it covers the entire map by default. Then, you "cut out" areas you want to allow players to see.
    If this is not working as expected, then I'll need to review and file a new task.

Others
    The following tasks have been added:
    FGU-348 = EULA cut off on launch screen
    FGU-349 = Flickering while active FX layer
    FGU-350 = Radial menu appears while trying to draw quick pointer
    FGU-351 = Layer position in layer list changes incorrectly when performing undo/redo
    FGU-352 = Memory leak on image interaction
    FGU-353 = Layer list interaction is not consistent
    FGU-354 = Unable to exit launcher when maximized
    FGU-355 = Grid flicker when panning map

Regards,
    JPG
    Oh, oops, sorry, I had fun testing it

Thank you very much for your answer

To the FoW (sorry for my bad explanation ): I meant that there are two buttons for deleting and creating FoW. As far as I can see the "Remove Rectangle" button cuts out the areas to clear them from the fog while the "Fill Rectangle" creates new fog inside the rectangle. (I hope I understood that correctly ) But when the global mask was activated, so the players can't see anthing, then the "Fill Rectangle" actually behaves like the "Remove Rectangle", so it cuts out spaces, too. But when there is at least one spot where players can see something then "Fill Rectangle" behaves as usual, i.e. it creates new fog. That was confusing for me at the beginning. I had "Fill Rectangle" activated and it cutted out the fog when everything was "dark", so I thought that this cuts out the fog. But then it switched its behaviour to create new fog "Remove Rectangle" seems to work always in the same way. That is what I meant with that the behaviour of "Fill Rectangle" is inverted when everything is covered by FoW But normally one would not use "Fill Rectangle" when everything is covered in fog (since one does not need extra fog), thus, I am not sure if it is a bug. It could also be useful when one does not need to switch directly to "Remove Rectangle"

Blog Entries
    Are you seeing the unexpected behavior on the GM side or the client side?

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    This was on the GM side Client side I didn't test yet

Just wanted to test the client side, too. But Somehow I can not join myself. I guess, localhost still works? I also tried the cloud option etc. but no success so far (and I checked my port forwarding for the local option, should work hopefully). Which options to join myself are expected to work at the moment?

EDIT: I am always stuck at "Joining host at [...]", but maybe I have to wait a bit longer

Just click join game and select the game you want to join; don't put anything else anywhere.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Just click join game and select the game you want to join; don't put anything else anywhere.
    Thank you I tried that, but so far still no success, always stuck in the joining screen. (and the "Refresh" button on the "Join Campaign" page seems not to work, only at the very beginning when one just started FGU; but switching to "Host Campaign" and back refreshes the page as a workaround). I will play a bit around with the options in the hope that I can join myself at some point
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 16th, 2019 at 23:32.

Okay, resolved, finally some console messages were sent to me (took some time), old problem: Had the same name as player as I have as GM... Seemingly I can not change my player name (seems to take my forum name), but I changed my GM name and now it worked

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Now I have tested it:

1. This also happens on the client side. However, the FoW (and the whole LoS system, it seems) is not immediately updated on the client side. I have to move the player token to force an update on the client side
    2. Also Fx Layers are not immediately updated on the client side while it's being changed/added with the player seeing the image already. I have to toggle visibility on/off to force an update Also the dropdown menu for Fx layers is not always showing any Fx options (though the Fx layer was selected). I had to play a bit with the options (like switching to the LoS options etc.) to get options. Maybe FG does not always Fx layers? (maybe connected to the problem above about layers not reacting properly)
    3. I really like that players can open doors on their own Thus, a suggestion: Would it be possible to allow secret doors? I.e. a door wall which can only be opened by the GM I tried adding secret doors with adding a new wall layer which is only visible to the GM. Although such a door blocks vision the player still gets an overlay for opening it and once opened the door always stays open also when one closes it again (so no vision blocking anymore in such layers). Would be a nice thing to have secret doors
    4. When I add a Smiteworks portrait to a newly created player character before I add that player character to the CT then the client side will not see the token image in the CT, resulting into empty tokens on the map But adding the portrait again later fixes this (and that only happens to new characters. Characters, which are not in the CT but already were, seemingly do not have this problem ) EDIT: Okay, also after reloading the campaign these token images vanish, but I remember to have read this somewhere already
    5. The water layer is slightly different on the client side, not sure if a bug though. On the GM side the waves are concentric circles while the client sees ellipses (true ellipses I mean, so not a circle)
    6. The scrolling speed in the Fx options using the mouse wheel is really slow
    7. And, surely known: There is no "Go back to Launcher" anymore within a campaign

That was all, I hope (when I forgot something I write again )

EDIT: It is possible to get stuck as a player in the LoS walls as in corners at doors, see the attached image. The player can move into it but not out and I guess that it is intended that there is not toolbar for clients yet (like drawing as usual)?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 16th, 2019 at 23:51.

Thread Information