5E Character Create Playlist

LF Guest Player(s): Starfinder (Signal of Screams book 1) Saturday 1 PM GMT

We are currently looking for guest players to join our Signal of Screams campaign.

Regular players often can't make the game due to other obligations (especially in the summer). This would mean playing the session with fewer players or cancelling the game.

To alleviate these issues, we're looking for guest players.

Guest players get notified that there is a spot available a few days in advance (usually 3, more if there is advance notice from the regular players). They can then sign on for this particular session. If other players have to cancel on short notice, sometimes spots might also open up shortly before the game.

Alternatively, guest players can also express interest for participating on specific dates and we'll try to fit them in if there's a spot available.

To clarify: Guest players are not guaranteed a spot every week! While it is possible to become a regular player later on (see below), there is no guarantee.

Should you consider to become a guest player?

Being a guest player is probably not for you

if you want to play every week or

if you don't want to encounter any spoilers due to wanting to play the full AP later on.

Being a guest player might be worth considering

if you only sometimes can commit to a game or

if you want to try out SF APs without any long-term obligations (be aware that level 7+ is usually not very new-player-friendly).

Should a regular spot become available, alumni (previous regular players) or guest players will be given preferred consideration (previous attendance will be considered when deciding on how to fill the spot).

Please note that once you agree to attend a session, short term cancellations should be avoided if possible (same as regular players). There are of course times when important real-life issues interfere but if do know that you'll likely not be able to make it, please give another guest player the chance to attend.

Be aware that Signal of Screams is a horror AP, so for this AP I would need your character's fears (for no reason whatsoever of course).

Game details:

FG License: GM has Ultimate

Game System: Starfinder

Time Zone: GMT+2 (sessions will take place on the weekend though to accomodate more timezones)

Day of week and time: Usually Saturday afternoon 1 PM GMT. The next game would be on the 17th.

Planned Duration & Frequency: 3+ hours, weekly (with some exceptions in case of holidays etc.).

Term: Long term (we've played through Dead Suns and Against the Aeon Throne already, so probably Dawn of Flame or Attack of the Swarm! after Signal of Screams )

Text or Voice: Voice

Voice software used: Usually Teamspeak, Discord is a back-up

Roleplay & Combat mix: Usually 50/50 (though be aware that some parts are more heavy on RP, some more on combat)

Number of Players in game & needed: Currently 4-5 regular players and 1 guest player, 1-2 guest players needed (see above)

Character starting level & equipment: The other characters are level 7 (23,000 starting credits, purchases of more than 40% of the PC's wealth or purchases with an item level PC's level +2 or higher should be discussed with the GM). Lower levels are of course also possible. Within reason, it's possible to switch between characters for different sessions.

Character restrictions: Core and legacy races, themes from the CRB or Pact Worlds, neutral or good alignments and characters capable of being part of a team shouldn't be a problem. Alien Archive races, Pact Worlds races and other official races are possible as long as they are reasonable, everything else should be discussed on an individual basis.

Character background: Due to where the adventure is currently at, I would suggest that for one reason or another, you're currently staying at a holiday resort.

Details of your scenario: Signal of Screams, The Diaspora Strain (1st book), around halfway done. Please note this is a horror AP!

Current party composition: One operative, one ranged soldier, one mystic/soldier, one envoy/soldier. Be aware that due to guest players, party composition can change.

Campaign management: Partly Fantasy Grounds, partly Obsidian Portal.

Requirements: You should have FG (free demo version), Teamspeak and Discord installed, a free Obsidian Portal account, a decent headset and push-to-talk configured. As it is higher level game, some experience with SF is highly recommended (can be substituted with 5e/PF knowledge though), FG newcomers are welcome.

How to apply: Either write me a PM or reply here, including a sentence about yourself and your idea for a character background (one short paragraph that consists of more than a description of your class and race, if possible including their greatest fear(s)). If you already know the plot of the later books of Signal of Screams be sure to mention that. As long as you can separate player knowledge and character knowledge it would still be fine, though. I might ask you to let the other players take the lead on discussions you know the optimum solution of however. New players to FG or SF are of course welcome but please be aware that level 7 play is a little bit more complicated.

I'd like to be considered for the guest spot. I'm new to the starfinder system, but have played D&D for a few years on Fantasy Grounds. I enjoy Starfinder and I'm available to play during the time slot. I'd like to play a human technomancer or mechanic. I'm flexible and want to try new classes. I've only really played an operative in the past. I have no knowledge of the plot line, but my character's fear is primarily being claustrophobic and doesn't do well it tight quarters for a long time. Thanks again for the consideration.

I'd like to join as a guest this week, if possible, please.
    Last edited by Misery; August 14th, 2019 at 21:31.

Thread Information